Can I add stuff to the reservoir to change the flavour of my bud?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Below are the two processes in which plant roots select and deliver only
minerals.

1. cell membrane of endodermis provides for selective absorption:

2. active transport proteins move minerals against concentration gradient
from water into cytoplasm

There are many people who strongly believe that they can change the flavour of their buds and there are also companies who sell so called products, but every Department of Biological Sciences, are satisfied that wanted flavourings are not absorbed through roots.

so much for vanilla bud

Below are the two processes in which plant roots select and deliver only
minerals.

1. cell membrane of endodermis provides for selective absorption:

2. active transport proteins move minerals against concentration gradient
from water into cytoplasm

There are many people who strongly believe that they can change the flavour of their buds and there are also companies who sell so called products, but every Department of Biological Sciences, are satisfied that wanted flavourings are not absorbed through roots.

some 15+ years ago I had some crops, I experimented with pureed fruit during the flush cycle on my hydro grow. it not only gave the buds a fruity flavor and aroma, but it increased potency. very good stuff.

MR

as far as additives are concerned, but with this being correct and there also being citrus flavored out there already it could be possible to geneticly crawl your way to a vanilla flavor.

Just dont use vanilla beans or an extract, Vanillin, the molecule responsible for vanilla's flavor and smell is a fairly carcinogenic substance when burnt and inhaled..

I had dreams of dropping a few vanilla beans in my res.. luckily I did some research and found the MSDS for vanillin.. news was not good..

things like mango however are rumored to actually be beneficial...

I've seen a couple scoops of citric acid added to the res each day. I'm not sure if it works, but they claim it does. The product is off to the collectives before I get a chance to try it, but when I do, I'll post the results.

Back
Top Bottom