A question for a the doctors on the board.

Aries

I have a case of Tinnitus in my left ear. My right ear is perfect, but for some reason this affects me left and it affects me hearing.

Is Marijuana a good treatment for it? Just thought I'd ask.

Here's what I found online, it's apparently from a forum discussion about a video called "Cannabis From The Chemist" from the BBC site. Here is one reader's response:
Quote:
Excellent programme—very informative. My partner suffers from tinnitus and cannabis is the only relief he gets. It relaxes him and helps him sleep. We want to be able to grow our own without persecution and because the quality of purchases substances is dire!

Then again, I found articles stating that cannabis can actually aggrevate the symptoms:
Quote:
Tinnitus and dyskinesia are common symptoms of a vasoconstrictor reaction. Tinnitus is ringing in the ears, and dyskinesia, in this instance, is usually felt as a tingling in the extremities, especially the little fingers, toes and ears. Another bad sign would be any form of tension headache or unwanted body load. If these symptoms occur regularly after indulging in a particular herb, the herb may be contributing to the sensation.
Here's some more for you:
Quote:
According to Patricia Tabram, a 66-year-old grandmother from Northumberland, she uses cannabis in her baked goods to guard against tinnitus as well as pains caused by a car crash.

Cannabis is illegal but to granny she believes it should be legal for medical reasons only. ""If they send me to jail, I can finish writing my book about the merits of medicinal herbal cannabis," she reported.

Tinnitus is ringing, whistling, or buzzing noises in the ear or both ears. Tinnitus is caused by being exposed to loud noises, ear infection, the use of certain drugs, head injury, et al. About 50 million people in the US suffer tinnitus.

And another one...
Quote:
Mrs Tabram finds that cannabis alleviates her tinnitus, while Dr Jonathon Berman of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital reported in a study last year that it can produce "significant improvement" in the most devastating neuropathic pain resistant to all forms of analgesia. It is also widely used by those with MS who find it relieves their symptoms of pain spasm and tremor.

I would give it a try, I don't think smoking would be the way to go. From what it seems it doesn't work as well as eating it. You could always try both I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom