Doctors, prices, and my first experience ;)

kabar

This is my post after my first......well, everything! It covers cost, what you will get, and my first experience. Also, if you live in So Cal I highly recomend the sponsor Doctor, PACIFIC SUPPORT SERVICES:)

This is from last week, but I thought it would be most helpfull in these forums.

Hello friends,
I just want to thank all of you first. Everyone here at 420 magazine have been helpull, knowledgeble, and encouraging. Thanx

OK, this will be hard to keep short lol. Yesterday I went to Pacific Resource Services, they where profesional, and helpfull. The doctor gave me a recomendation and also made some other helpfull suggesions.

The cost was, $150 with this sites coupon, and $15 for the card. I also purchased an optional picture ID for 15 more, and it's made right there.
I'm stating the obvious to many in this post, but these where the questions that came to mind for me. And I'll tell ya about the first time I had some mmj. :O
Next, I went to a local dispensary and ....holy smokes! The smell made my olfactory senses go into overdrive, they where smells of some of the best stuff I had when I was a teen ....X 100. I could not believe it.
I bought some Indica (Pot of Gold) and some Stativa ( Pinnapple ). They also threw in a cigarette. That's what it looked like, lol.
I enjoy the drive through Hollywood, I can smell the mmj......and its in my triunk. I love looking around so much, I got lost and ended up at the entrance to Dodger Stadium.

I get home eventually and decided to try that free "cig". It's packed so tight it's like trying to light a rock. That's cool, I'll cut off a peice and break it up. It broke up real good, too good. TO FIRST TIMERS: I ended up with a lot in the pipe. I haven't smoked mj for 20 yrs so I thought I would go easy. It was so smooth I didn't think I was getting any, but I could taste it. After 8 or so puffs it was gone and I didn't feel any different.
15 min. later: whole different story. I swear it got stronger for 3-4 more hours at least, untill I leveled out!
I would just say to new ppl like me, try a little first then wait 30 min. to see if your good. That's just me, I haven't smoked for 20 yrs, and the mmj is alot more potent now.(understatement of the year)

I got a little nervous. That free smoke probably had everything in it, and the guy at the dispensary actually steered me away from some of the strains because they increase anxiety/stress. Very helpfull to know.

Now the good news. My back is killing me from the drive like it allways does, I was still nausious and don't want to eat, I'm definetly not in a "Mister Rogers" mood.
That was before I had the mmj.

After........ I was serene. My defenition of serene is: not jumping out of your chair when a door is shut. Now the dogs barking, my nieces are running around screaming and slamming doors....I don't even twitch. THIS IS COOL.

I'm munching away on a bag of chips and a jumbo bag of peanut M&M's. It's not healthy like the Doc. said, but it's a start. I have lost over 20 lbs from pain and stress over the last few months. I have some Dinner (healthy) THIS IS A GOOD THING

After I have dinner I lay down and watch TV, but something is missing. I realize what's missing, my friggin backache! It hurts a little, but my butt/lower back isn't burning anymore and I'm relaxed. I definately have to take my old meds for the pain I had.
Thats what I wanted.

Now I don't believe in a "miracle drug" that will cure all that ails me, but I will say this.
I'm more relaxed, I'm hungry, my back isn't killing me, and I believe I made the right decision for my situation.

I almost forgot, I have had 7hrs sleep since Sunday, I got 9 1/2 last night:)

I am less than 24hrs into this so I will see what happens as time progreses.

I apologize for the length and horrible spelling,(can't get the spell checker to work, lol)
I tried some of that Idica earlier. At this time the main side effect seems to be, mild aixelsid dislexia, and diahrea of the typing hands.

So it's been a couple days since my new experience has begun, here is an update from that day to present 6/25 - 6/30.

Typing slow right now, lol. That's ok though, I have gained 9 lbs so far, and have had at least 7 1/2 hrs sleep every night. My back (and my mind) felt good enough to sand and paint our fence Saturday.
Ive been doing a lot of relaxing and eating, with some small projects in between.
So far, I have had positive results, for my appetite, anxiety, and sleep. The improvement is very substantial.
For my back pain, it is an improvement, it is not 15 mg Hydrocodone improvement, but this is not a negative, so hear me out. So far I have not felt it neccesary to take meds for my back, period! (over the counter included)
Also, one big drawback when I take Vicodin (along with the others) is the fact that I sometimes do more damage to my back than I started out with. Vicodin makes me friggin hyper, it also blocks the pain receptors in the brain, sometimes tooo well.
So I end up running around, trying to fix everything in the house, oblivious to the damage and pain I am inflicting on my allready messed up back!!
Next day I have a vicodin hangover, and my back feels twice as bad.
I'll stick with mmj thankyou.
Lastly, I haven't had a migrane (lucky me) yet, so I don't know it's going to help or not , and I'm not shure if I should use Sativa or Indica.
If I could just stick with one type (Indica or Sativa) for a day, I could figure out what each does best. The problem is I keep trying both! lol
Maybe it's best, because I like myself just a little more today

Hey,

For what it's worth, a strong SATIVA works best for my longstanding whiplash pain. White Widow has been my favorite.

That's just for my specific thing though, which is a pinched-nerve type of pain (really sharp and stabbing). This is my main use of mmj.

If I happen to have a more standard back pain (like if I hurt one of the healthy parts of my back by lifting something) then an indica works better. So it seems that sativas kill neuropathic pain better, while indicas sooth muscle-based pain.

Like you, I used to go for vicodin or codeine for the worst pain, but since I've started mmj I never touch the pills. MMJ works better and has fewer side effects (ie. sleepiness and nothing else). The laws in this country are butt-stupid; I'm just thankful I live in LA where the local government at least marginally allows me to cure my pain. Sorry if I offend the feds by not feeling all the pain god intended for me.

Thanks,

I'm finding the same thing, Sativa seems to work best. Now I need to find a dispensary with White Widow.

Kabar, I'm happy to read about your improving medical condition and that one of our sponsors was able to help you out to get your prescription!

White widow is a very popular strain, you should have no problem finding it at clubs and by the way, WW is an indica dominant strain. You have the occasional WW sativa pheno, but it's a pretty rare find. So if you come across a WW sativa treat yourself!

Thank you kabar for sharing your journey into medical marijuana, I enjoyed the read and glad you have found relief & benefits in MMJ. White Widow is an enjoyable way to treat your migraines and I see your sleep quality is up. Natural, safe and effective :yummy: Keep us updated, because this stimulates more discussion about the medical relevence of marijuana. You've given good testimony about the usefulness and blessing that this one herb supplies.:clap:

Hi Zed,

If it weren't for the good people here such as yourself, I would be pill poppin away.
I have to admit I did take a few Ibuprofin for a toothache, but hey, the only thing that has helped a toothach for me is unconciousness!
I'm gonna jump on the scale right now.......... I have gained 10 lbs exactly! (that's a pound a day for the last ten days...lol)
I have developed a good sleep pattern too. I get at least 8hrs now, and wake up early without an alarm. Now that's just never happened to me...ever.
My back? Sativa seems to do the trick, although Indica helps as well. I have not taken anything but mmj for my back and it's working good, and without the side effects of pills. If anyone with back pain knows of a particular strain that works well for them, could you tell me what it is?
I have been going aroung doing a few small projects a day to get my stamina back, although I still get a little dizzy sometimes. I did just lost 25 lbs over a few months from pain and stress, and I have gained 10 back. I just need to keep eating and excercising at a reasonable pace.

The great thing is, I'm doing some things now that I could not do 10 days ago!

Oh yeah, I still haven't had a migrane yet?!

Right on kabar. It is truly a miracle drug. The first day I picked up Cannabis for pain I went outside and spent 9 hours building a patio because I was so motivated. I started sleeping through the night and the lower back pain which had occurred every morning for a very long time hasn't returned in 8 months. The Cannabis gets me moving. If I'm in pain and lie in bed or on the couch all day it only gets worse...a downward spiral. W/ Cannabis, I feel great and want to do things, which gets me going and helps the healing process. I honestly think this has allowed 2 of my sources of chronic pain to heal (activity is good therapy), including tendonitis in one elbow and a torn rotator cuff in the other shoulder.

I know the drug is still working, because if I stop, the morning nausea and pinched nerve are debilitating. Even if I taper off they are bad - the nausea is the worst and the nerve pain starts to rear its ugly head. The goal for me is to keep the Cannabinoid receptors saturated.

Blessings from a socal native. :peace:

Exactly. You sound a lot like me, and yeah, it's like a domino effect. I have an appetite, I want to fix/make things (exercising), I am sleeping well now, and my back pain does not require pills anymore.
Mmj has exceeded my expectations in many respects :)

(thinking bout an outdoor grow, not shure yet...looking for cfls and seeds now, lol)

You're in a great spot for an outdoor grow. I've grown a broken tomato branch that I stuck in the ground; it grew, flowered and set edible fruit late into the winter in SoCal. I miss year round gardening.

Kabar is going to be quite apt at managing those annoying problems...Kabar, if you've gone to a dispensary or Co-Op where there is a strain selection, buy what you like in both Indica & Sativa and try grinding up a little of each and blend them together and you customize potencty, taste and effect.:grinjoint:

I am trying that now, the Indica is not as potent as the Sativa so I am doing a 50/50 blend. Pineapple and Pot of Gold.
Any recomendations for a strong non-scetchy breed? (Sativa or Indica)

Hello Kabar, I am very happy to hear of your success story with Cannabis. Testimonies like this one tell the the true story of this healing plant. I would like to encourage you, as Zed did, to try combinations of your medications. Lately, I have been combining my herbs and have really found some wonderful concoctions.

A true success :joint:

Back
Top Bottom