Looking for a Doctor in Michigan

don129

Now that Michigan has passed the law for the use of Medical Marijuana I would like to know if anyone knows of a doctor here that I can see. I have been diagnossed with chronic back pain and nothing they have given me works except for the Marijuana. Plus it helps with my sleep disorder. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

dont know if they have any docs in michigan yet....i be on the ps3 and met some cool dudes out there in michigan and im tryin to lace them up....but i was reading in ur local news paper they wont have anything finalized unitl april 4th of 09....so u might have to wait till after that

Thank you for your reply. Could you please keep me informed? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.
Don

I've been trying to get ahold of someone at THCF for like a month and noone called me back. My current doctor is being an asshole about giving me my charts saying that only another doctor can request . themI can't find any other doctors in MI. I met this one doctor who had just given a speech about the medical benifits of cannibis and pretty much told me that I would qualify but I lost his number and can't even remember his name. Does anybody know how I can get ahold of somebody at THCF? If not, I guess I'll keep checking this board to see if anyone hears anything.

Don't think you have to send anything but the last 2 Dr. visit's notes. At least Wa., Or. This has nothing to do with the charts. The person at the desk can fax the notes, no big deal.......... to thcf

Same deal here my docter is against writing my recomendation and i saw the post reguarding the THCF i am going to the southfield office in person sometime this week to try to find a solution to treating my back problom the healthy way and get off of vic*done.:yummy:

Try calling The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation 1-800-723-0188. Maybe they can get a hold of the doctor. It will take awhile since alot of people are all looking for a doctor right now and I only know of the one doctor that is in the michign clinc and he is also registed at clinic's in other states. They also have their own website if you want to look up the names of the doctors.https://tch-foundation.com/michigan/

So far their website has been nothing but a waste of time i called that number a month ago and still have not recieved any reply so im bassicly doing the leg work online in forums seeing if someone in my area knows of any sympathetic doctors.

Has anyone tried going there? If not im tempted to. to the clinc i mean just walk in and see if you get anywhere

Im just south of the clinic by 5 miles my wife wanted me to get my medical records ready in case i can be seen as a walk in but on their site they give the operating times and the southfield clinics days were last week so ill probably just find a locked door.:smokin:

Im just south of the clinic by 5 miles my wife wanted me to get my medical records ready in case i can be seen as a walk in but on their site they give the operating times and the southfield clinics days were last week so ill probably just find a locked door.:smokin:

I seen that the next day was tues april 21.

It looks like it's just the one but they travel around? I'm not sure I understand that right. You probably already have their website address but for others in the state here is a page that lists the cities and contact information. Each day's locations will open into a little information thing when clicked.

Michigan | The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation, THCF Medical Clinics, Medical Marijuana Doctors, Medical Marijuana Referrals, Michigan Medical Marijuana Clinics, Michigan Medical Marijuana, Serving The Cannabis Community Since 1999, chronic severe pain,
(Moderators: Hope it was ok to list that - if not, please delete.)

The following conditions qualify for medical marijuana permits: Chronic Pain, Glaucoma, Cancer, AIDS/HIV, Chronic Muscle Spasms, Multiple Sclerosis, GERD, Seizures, Crohn's Disease, Chronic Nausea, Cachexia, Asthma, IBS, Hepatitis C, Parkinson's Disease, Arthritis.

We are scheduling appointments for our (various locations) THCF Clinic. Call 1-800-723-0188 for more information.

Good luck to you all!

Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of doctors who are willing to write the recommendations--no matter that their patients qualify under Michigan law. Sadly, these same doctors have no problem writing prescriptions for harmful and addictive pills.

At any rate, I would urge patience in dealing with THCF. I suspect they are being bombarded with phone calls from people whose regular doctors are afraid to recommend the healing benefits of a simple plant.

If you happen to know of other doctors who are willing to write recommendations, please let us all know.

:peace:

Between the lack of (widely-available through normal medical channels) information and downright misinformation, in a way I don't blame a lot of the doctors who are hesitant.

After all, I would hesitate to place my health in the hands of a doctor who'd recommend something that he/she knew nothing about.

That's why it's important to take any scientific data - and even patient's experiences/testimonials - to your local doctor. And hope that said doctor actually reads it.

Now, a doctor that refuses to recommend MMJ because he/she is prejudiced against it or because they are in the pocket of the big drug companies is a different thing all together.

Well i read that the best way to get yourself an appointment at the michigan clinic is to either fax them your medical records and doctor notes or mail them which i did priority mail.

My nerve damage is getting worse every day and i find myself smoking /vaporizing more frequently to aleve the pain and i dont want to go to jail for self medicating myself.

THC Foundation - Michigan Clinic
2000 Town Center #1900
Southfield, Michigan 48075
MI (248)351-1746
Fax(503)235-0120

Paid my $180 up front to the doctor via my credit card and my appointments at 11:30 am on thursday in the southfield THCF clinic i will post the outcome late in the day thursday.;)

The clinic visit was very pleasant their staff were very helpfull i recieved my recomendation and sent it off to lansing via overnight registered mail two weeks from now ill be a MM card holder .

Back
Top Bottom