Pretty confident I can get a rec, but I want to do it right

demnalikeme

I can't afford to be one of the guys that gets rejected to keep quotas up.

I have three primary problems which I've sought previous treatment for, but I'm not sure how much documentation is available to me for each, nor am I sure which one I want to have as "my cause" when I go in. I'm thinking about using medicann, as I've heard they are lenient, and I have no plans of growing or getting an OCBC card, or ever really possessing more than a half-ounce, so their lack of cooperation with OCBC and lack of representation in court don't bother me.

Problem 1: Cerebral Palsy (Permanent Disability) - my legs, from birth, differ in length by about half a centimeter, and my feet turn inwards. In my youngest years, I was Forrest Gump in many ways, from the braces to the beatings from my peers. Now, at 21, I have trouble walking more than a quarter mile without lower back pain and being winded, due to walking taking more energy out of me. About a year ago, I decided to smoke, and then go outside and walk my dog. To my surprise, I ended up walking multiple miles, taking a longer route than I would otherwise be able to. I
Documentation: Probably proof of a childhood of physical therapy can be dug up, and a blue plastic parking pass, permanent. No documentation however of complaints of pain, and probably minimal about walking distances, as these are newer problems for me and I've not sought treatment for my disability in many years. I have thankfully improved enough to not need braces, just expensive shoe inserts that I rebel by not wearing because I like sandals too much :p.

Problem 2: Insomnia, Nightmares, Trouble Waking up - Fairly self explanatory, before marijuana my sleep is bad, hard to come by, and hard to transition out of. After marijuana, my sleep is good, deep, refreshing, and fairly easy to wake from. Up until I got into smoking in college, I always thought I was just "bad at sleep", and every morning was a fight with my parents. Why no treatment was sought... I'm not quite sure. I wish I had. I have taken Ambien, Benadryl, and Melatonin for the issue, which all helped, sorta, though made me wake up worse. None were prescribed to me, or documented.
Documentation: Nil, treatment never sought.

Problem 3: Clinical Depression - Problem 1 and the years of violent bullying it brought me have left me with a litany of emotional problems. The biggest of them is depression, to the point of crippling my ability to not just work, but play, or really do anything other than seek the path of least resistance. That, of course, is without marijuana. I spent about a year on the SSRI Celexa, which only made it worse. Switching to green changed everything, for the way better, and I've become able to maintain an education, walk into the classroom without crippling anxiety, show up every day, stay the whole time, speak up in class, get my work in, and in the term that just ended, I got my first A at the school, and a 97 no less.
Documentation: I don't have any documentation about the Celexa and I'm quite sure I removed the label from the one bottle still around a while back and used it to store stuff. :( I could probably request the files from the doctor, but I don't even know if this problem qualifies, despite how much I'm helped

So.... How do I go at this? What are my chances of not having to feel like a criminal to live a normal life?

Re: Pretty confident I can get a rec, but I want to do it right.

I wish, but it's totally not an option this point. I have classes six days a week and homework on the seventh day of "rest" :p

Gotta be local. I'll check with the dispensary I have in mind about Medicann, but can you recommend any bay area doctors who would take my case? Hanni Assad is of course out of the picture now so... I'm lost.

All I know is that I heard numerous times that most co-ops are not accepting the Medicann recommendations. Do some homework, call the co-ops, ask around.

I went to medicann, and the doctor was a real MD, very professional guy, talked with me for a good 30-40 minutes while reviewing paperwork before going over everything I needed to know and sending me on my way.

10 minutes later I was at Harborside Health Center, the most amazing dispensary, getting acquainted with the awesome and friendly staff, and had a tour of the awesome, brightly lit facility before spending a while bullshitting with a clerk as I decided what to buy. I went with a mint-chocolate hash candy, and later came back for gingersnaps and a gram of super silver haze. Amazing experience every step of the way, today has been extremely memorable.

i had good luck with medicann as well. insomnia, anxiety and not wanting to take pharmies due to the "hangover" is usually enough

Back
Top Bottom