Vermont doctor?

geoharpy

lokin 4 vermont doctor, dont like side effects of perscriptions, have severe arthritis, smoke for pain & relaxation, any info would be appriciated :thanks:

i know this is 2 years old, but it is my EXACT question, so hopefully someone can help with answer. i have RA. other meds scare me too much, and would like to do it the legal and safe way with mmj. thanks.:thanks:

Don't know any Doc's in Vermont.

Just wanted to ask if you would send Bernie Sanders out here to Colorado so we can have a Senator that at least tries to help the people instead of the corporate loving thugs we have.

WillyB

It is a common misperception that a physician in Vermont "prescribes" marijuana — they do not. If you are a Vermonter who wants legal access to pot, go to the Dept. of Public Safety website listed below and download the forms. Read them and it will be clear that your medical practitioner (e.g. MD, DO, PA, NP, etc.) only has to state two things:

1) You have an ongoing doctor/patient relationship
2) They are treating you for either a specific illness that automatically qualifies you (e.g. cancer, AIDS, MS) or a "chronic, debilitating medical condition". The latter can be something such as migraines, arthritis, or a host of other chronic and debilitating medical conditions.

When I first joined the "Registry" I sent the physician form to my doctor with the note below. I didn't know whether he considered pot a great evil or a benign substance and wanted to remind him that he wasn't "prescribing" anything. I wanted him to understand I merely wanted him to state that we had a doctor/patient relationship and the condition for which I was applying to the Registry. The next time I saw him his first words were; "So, you got any good weed?"

Good luck to any Vermonter who is asking this question. Go to the DPS site and get the straight facts — not hearsay from people who don't know squat about how the program works but are ready to offer information. If you have a legitimate illness you will have no problem registering as a patient.

Dear Dr. xxxx,

I would very much appreciate it if you would complete the enclosed "Marijuana Registry" form. It is not a prescription for marijuana or an endorsement of its use. I am only asking you to state that we have a physician/patient relationship and that you have been treating me for "a medical condition that is chronic and debilitating and that produces severe, persistent pain".

If you would like to know more about Vermont's medical marijuana legislation see: https://www.dps.state.vt.us/cjs/marijuana.htm

While the program is for Vermont residents only, the Physicians can be from neighboring MA, NH, or NY.

If you would like to talk to me about it before completing this please give me a call at nnn-nnn-nnnn.

If you are comfortable asserting the above and complete the form, please return it to me in the enclosed envelope and I do the rest. If you are not comfortable with filling out this form, please let me know by phone or by returning the blank form to me.

Thanks and regards.

Finallylegal,

Thanks for your post. I am just getting started with my Vermont Medical Marijuana Registry application and your thorough and kind explanation of the process is much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.

Be well.

:bravo:

I am just getting started with my Vermont Medical Marijuana Registry application and your thorough and kind explanation of the process is much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.

I just moved to VT this past week, Northern Kingdom. Saw your post about the registry application, was wondering if you'd be willing to share your experience with the process, if you were successful, etc.

I've got relatively serious back pain that pills don't dent (just disposed of two rather large bottles of flexeril and codeine, just make me drowsy) and chiropractors solve for a day or two, considering giving marijuana a shot.

Thanks much in advance.

Bodhisoma,

read the earlier post in this thread that explains the process. If you just moved to VT and your medical history doesn't come from NY, MA, or NH you may have a problem. You must have a dr/patient relationship for 6 months for the dr. to fill out the form. If you've been a resident and just moved to the kingdom, send the form to your previous practitioner (i.e. can be a dr., np, pa, etc.) and have them fill out the form.

If you aren't a regular with pot don't expect a wonder drug. read about strains because i doubt you want anything zippy and most likely want the more sedative "couch lock" effects that you should be getting from your flexeril. It won't give you rubber legs like flexeril but you should get a better, longer, more relaxed night's sleep without any after effects. And for most users it distracts you from pain with the pleasantness of its effects.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom