Are there any Medical Marijuana Doctors that have had sucess with epilepsy?

2amXmasBust

It seems there is no easy way to find a medical marijuana doctor that has success stories with epilepsy. My brother wants to find a doctor who is confident in recommending strains to cure his epilepsy. Hes not too excited about coming off the pills and trying strains just to end up in a grand mal seizure because a certain strain didn't work. The whole trial and error thing isn't a good idea when brain damage is a possibility. I'll take any info i can get at this point, there is hardly anything on the subject except hundreds of epilepsy patients swearing up and down marijuana has helped if not cured their condition.

I'm not a doctor, but I am a patient.

MMJ will not cure epilepsy. But it will help to diminish the side effects of the medicine, and may possibly help with seizures. It also helps with the anxiety anticipating a seizure.

Stopping the meds when it comes to epilepsy is a really bad idea. But if the seizures are not controlled by the medicine, then it's not working. I have changed meds several times and seizures are still here. I would love to stop pharms, but at this time mmj is included in my regimen.

I don't know what state you live in, but many dispensaries have mmj friendly docs. You will also find lists of medical marijuana friendly doctors here. Many mainstream docs don't want to talk about mmj for fear of scrutiny, legal issues, or just plain lack of knowledge.

You'll get many more responses, but this is my two cents worth. Best wishes to your brother.

Back
Top Bottom