Seeking Alaska Physician MD

greasedpig

I live in the Anchorage area of Alaska and am looking for a Doctor that would be able to prescribe some relief to most of my ailments. These include anxiety, unbearable lower back pain L5/S1 surgeries twice already. 3 epidurals. I can hardly cope with my life any longer being treated as a pill abuser and lowest form of life on earth. I am 38 years old, and I feel 90. It may be time for me to "sign out" as I can not deal with these pains and emotions anymore. It would be all in the name of Legalizing this wonderfull plant. Eu Toute Le Monde.

Need help fast.

I wish I could help!! As my conditions and age are very similar to yours. I have yet to find a doctor that has the balls to prescribe.

I have researched Ravin-vs State of Alaska and Decided to "self-medicate" so to speak. ;)

I sincerely hope things improve for you!:peace:

Hey bud,
My name is Jacob. I'm 28 years old, was a medic in the Army and was just medically discharged. I have already had surgery on my shoulder, which only fixed part of the problem, there's nothing they can for my back or neck, I've been on all sorts of pain pills including liquid morphine, and all the medications they've tried me on for my heart just don't do a damn bit of good. I could explain the whole deal with my heart, but let's just simplify it down to the fact that it is in a constant abnormal rhythm that constantly produces pain causing me to live a sedentary life (as if the rest of my medical problems didn't) and that home-herbal remedies are the only thing that actual solved the problem the most (and let's face it...I felt damn good while I was at it. That's a plus.)

Now I've done plenty of research on marijuana (being an legalization activist for quite some time) and upon researching it for Alaska I've discovered a few things. For one, this site has the necessary links on it: How to Get a Medical Marijuana Prescription in Alaska. However I can quote a couple facts that you'll want to know.

One: As of March of 2009, Alaska was one of 15 states that allowed residents to legally use marijuana for medical purposes. According to state laws, a doctor cannot implicitly prescribe marijuana, but may recommend its use for certain patients who meet specific requirements. Patients who meet these requirements and have a signed statement from their doctor recommending the use of medical marijuana may apply for a medical marijuana registry card. Only those who possess valid registry cards can legally use marijuana in Alaska.

So obviously docs aren't going to sign anything up here that easily...

Two: To be eligible to use marijuana for medical purposes, you must have a signed statement from a doctor affirming that you have a "debilitating medical condition" as defined by AS 17.37.070(4). These conditions include, but are not limited to:
Glaucoma
Cancer
Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
A chronic or debilitating disease which produces: Seizures, severe and persistent pain, extreme nausea and/or chronic muscle spasms
Treatments of chronic illness that produce the symptoms described above

Three: To enroll in the Medical Marijuana Registry and obtain your medical marijuana registry card, you must fill out an application provided by the Alaska Division of Public Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics.

Yes...you have to go through many hoops other than just the doc to get it...

and the most important in my opinion:
Once you are enrolled in the Alaska Medical Marijuana Registry, there are still certain laws you must observe when obtaining and using marijuana for medical use. Be aware that your registration is not a prescription, so you will not be able to acquire marijuana for medical use at a pharmacy. You may grow and/or possess a specified amount of marijuana for personal use, but there is nowhere in Alaska where the purchase of marijuana is legal for medical purposes or otherwise. Americans for Safe Access recommends that you speak with a lawyer familiar with medical marijuana laws to learn more about your rights as a registered medical marijuana user. Also be aware that you will have to reapply to renew your Alaska medical marijuana registration annually.

It's like this bro, basically not only do you have to jump through numerous hoops just to get the damned registration in the first place, there's nowhere up here for you to legally purchase it. You will still have to go to a dealer that you or a trusted friend knows in order to get it and even if they do decide to give you the registry, you have to renew it constantly, which includes more visits to the doc and more jumping through hoops.

If you'd like my opinion on the matter my friend, just go and get it and just don't broadcast it. It may be illegal to a certain degree (state law says adults can have up to 4 ounces in their home, but national law says it's illegal period...) I say if it freakin helps, then use it! Forget the sociological views that have been placed upon us from birth and use the one "DRUG" that not only is the least harmful (More deaths per year are caused by cigarettes and alcohol alone then all violent crimes, and they are both LEGAL and easily ACCESSIBLE, and even worse are those who actually DO abuse prescription drugs) and put yourself at ease and live your life with a little less pain.

If you're interested, here's a little time line for you:

1925: Concerned by the high number of goof butts being smoked by off-duty servicemen in Panama, the U.S. government sponsors the Panama Canal Zone Report. The report concludes that marijuana does not pose a problem, and recommends that no criminal penalties be applied to its use or sale.

1931: Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon (head of the Mellon Bank of Pittsburgh, one of the two banks with which DuPont did business) appoints future nephew-in-law Harry J. Anslinger to head the newly-formed Federal Bureau of Narcotics.

1934: U.S. Senator Joseph Guffey of Pennsylvania attacks Harry Anslinger for making references to ginger-colored niggers on Federal Bureau of Narcotics stationary in letters circulated to department heads.

June 1934: Congress passes the National Firearms Act, the first prohibitive tax in U.S. history. The National Firearms Act was a futile attempt to reduce machine gun-related violence by gangsters -- a direct result of the prohibition of alcohol, and an eerie echo of the current state of affairs in the United States.

Through the power of statute, Congress now permits anyone (even Branch Davidians) to own a machine gun, as long as the individual has paid a $200 transfer tax.

1936 - 1938: William Randolph Hearst's newspaper empire fuels a tabloid journalism propaganda campaign against marijuana. Articles with headlines such as Marihuana Makes Fiends of Boys in 30 Days; Hasheesh Goads Users to Blood-Lust create terror of the killer weed from Mexico.

Through his relentless misinformation campaign, Hearst is credited with bringing the word marijuana into the English language. In addition to fueling racist attitudes toward Hispanics, Hearst papers run articles about marijuana-crazed negroes raping white women and playing voodoo-satanic jazz music.

Driven insane by marijuana, these blacks -- according to accounts in Hearst-owned newspapers -- dared to step on white men's shadows, look white people directly in the eye for more than three seconds, and even laugh out loud at white people. For shame!

1936: DuPont obtains a patent license to manufacture synthetic plastic fibers from German industrial giant I.G. Farben Corporation. The patent license is obtained as part Germany's reparation payments to the United States after World War I.

A few years later, I.G. Farben manufactures deadly Zyklon-B gas, used in Nazi death camps to murder millions of Jews (along with many homosexuals and drug users). DuPont owned and financed approximately 30% of Hitler's I.G. Corps, the military-industrial backbone of the fascist Third Reich.

1937: The year the federal government outlawed cannabis.

-- DuPont patents petrochemical manufacturing processes for making plastics, as well as pollution-heavy sulfate/sulfite processes for producing wood pulp. For the next 50 years, these processes are responsible for 80% of DuPont's industrial output.

--In its 1937 Annual Report, DuPont informs stockholders that the company anticipates radical changes from the revenue raising power of government... converted into an instrument for forcing acceptance of sudden new ideas of industrial and social reorganization.

March 29, 1937: The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously upholds the National Firearms Act.

April 14, 1937: The Treasury Department secretly introduces its marihuana tax bill through the House Ways and Means Committee, bypassing more appropriate venues. Committee chairman Robert L. Doughton, a key Congressional ally of DuPont, rubber-stamps the bill.

Spring 1937: Congress holds hearings on the Marijuana Tax Act. Dr. James Woodward, representing the American Medical Association, testifies that the law could deny the world a potential medicine.

Cannabis was already prescribed for dozens of common ailments, and medical researchers were just beginning to explore the therapeutic benefits of the numerous active ingredients in marijuana. Woodward said that AMA doctors were wholly unaware that the killer weed from Mexico was actually cannabis. We cannot understand yet, Mr. Chairman, why this bill should have been prepared in secret for two years without any intimation, even to the profession, that it was being prepared, Woodward testifies.

FBN commissioner Harry Anslinger and the Ways and Means Committee quickly denounce Woodward and the AMA, which already had an adversarial relationship with the Roosevelt administration.

December 1937: The Marijuana Tax Act is signed into law, initiating 60 years of cannabis prohibition and annihilating a multi-billion dollar industry. DuPont and other synthetic materials manufacturers reap vast profits by filling the void conveniently left by the criminalization of industrial hemp.

How convenient huh? And they say we can trust the media........thanks for your time, hope I didn't bore you too much. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom