Arizona Doctor

ForbiddenAct

What is the chance an Arizona doctor would prescribe medical marijuana for its patients?

Does the recent federal government position on medical marijuana have any impact on Arizona medical marijuana?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona Prop 200 passed in 1996 (Approved by 65% of voters on Nov. 5, 1996
Effective: Dec. 6, 1996) :

Measure changed sentencing for drug offenders, requiring those who commit violent crimes to serve full sentences without parole, and diverting non-violent drug offenders into treatment. Prop 200 also permitted doctors to prescribe schedule I controlled substances, including marijuana, to treat a disease or to relieve pain and suffering in seriously ill and terminally ill patients. Under federal law, however, marijuana is considered an illegal drug and physicians are prohibited from writing prescriptions for illegal drugs. The use of the word "prescribe" instead of "recommend" is the reason that Prop 200 is not considered to make medical marijuana legal in Arizona.

With all these cancer treatment centers opening up in the Phoenix area, the choise's a patient will make, in where they will be treated, would tend to steer them to another state where their treatment is not dictated by state government policy, but rather only focused on the needs of the patient.

If it were me, I'd go to Colorado or California for treatment. To think the state of Arizona would throw a seriously ill patient in jail for using medical marijuana, and then making them attend a drug treatment program, is just plain stupid, and evil.

Re: Arizona Doctor-

Doubt if ya can get a doc to prescribe MJ. They can only recommend it. Like you mentioned, that's why the last referendum was squashed by the jerks who shill for big pharma, IMO.

Check NORML, Americans For Safe Access or Drug Policy Alliance for info on the new voter referendum that is being worked on right now in AZ. Need peeps to get signatures & a couple other things.

mM

Re: Arizona Doctor-

no doc in az will prescribe it to you all they could do is recommend it
but the az bill didnt state that

az really messed up on that
but mpp is trying to get it back on track
NOV 2010 WOOHOO

Back
Top Bottom