MMJ in WA

marvel

Hi folks,

Washington's mmj laws are tough and my condition, insomnia, does not qualify. Is there a way around the system?

Yeah, I know I've pissed some people off by asking, but my condition is serious and has a dramatic negative affect on my life. Over the past decade, before I started vaping mj, I rotated between OTC sleeping pills, benadryl, nyquil, melatonin and hydrocodone. All of them "worked", but none were consistent and all had negative side effects. MJ works like a charm. It's the only thing that helps restore a good sleeping balance in my life. After a night of hard toking I sleep like a baby and wake up refreshed and ready to face the day. Unlike the pharmaceuticals, which usually left me groggy.

I want to grow my own to ensure quality, safe herb and because I don't like buying from criminal types in dark alleys. But I'm scared to death to do it without an mmj card. I have too much to lose if they bust down my door; my wife, who has no hand in any of this and doesn't even fully support my use of it, would go to jail with me if they find a grow op, which is unacceptable to me. She's innocent in the thing. Worse, what happens to our kids while we sit in jail? I'd lose my job, my home, and most of what I've worked hard for. So I'm forced to associate with drug dealers and view cops as my enemy when I shouldn't have to do either.

Therefore, if there is any chance in hell of my getting an mmj card, I want to do it. I'd love any advice to that end. Prefer to get recommendations for a compassionate doctor whom I can be frank with and who can help me setup a "chronic pain" front and get me a card. Otherwise, I suppose I'll start hitting up local doctors for pain meds I don't need and spend the next year building a bullshit story of back and neck pain, but I really would rather avoid all of that. It just feels morally wrong to be lying to doctors (I have no problem lying to the state - screw those people).

Granted, my problem is minor and petty compared to what many mmj users are suffering, but nevertheless it is a major impact on my life and if I can get relief from this harmless substance, what the hell business is it of any politician to tell me otherwise? I have a job, I make good money, I own my home and I pay my taxes. I sit next to you at church, for crying out loud. This is my personal health, my body, and it's my fucking decision, damnit!

OK, off my soapbox. Thanks for any advice you can send my way.

I appreciate the link. I went to their web site, looks nice, but I don't think they'd be willing to help me. They want doctor references and medical history before they'll even setup an appointment.

Back
Top Bottom