Help needed for light spectrum and lowryder

Acapulco1

Hi there! I am Acapulco1 and I'm quite new on the auto flowers! I havmt done this in very long time so I'm a bit rusty!i have a couple of questions regarding light spectrum and vegging a low Ryder and a ww autofem.
First... I only have warm spectrum cfls in total I have 3 bulbs producing a total of 4070 lumens I know that plants need blue spectrum for vegging and the red tones for flowering... Here where I live it is impossible to get cool white cfls (bloody hell!! Really is very hard the only one available was are warm white
So my question is this.... If I'm only growing one plant specifically the lowryder,can I do the whole process with my warm white bulbs are 4070 lumens enough for this only one lowryder ?im growingundoors in a small cabinet the size of one washing machine but a bit higher and everything is white... I will use all nutes recommended in a 7 lt pot ! My biggest concern is that if it would be fine with this warm white spectrum taking in mind that is a lowryder!
I would really appreciate your help!

Hello, I replied to you in my thread but idk if you saw that or not, While I have yet to start my first grow I have been doing a lot of reading while preparing and my original light idea was to use CFL's. From what I gathered, you can veg with the warmer spectrum light but I'm pretty sure they don't do super well, plants really need that blue light in veg. You can try and buy some 5000k or 6500k CFL's online on Amazon or Ebay if that is an option for you. just a quick google search on 5000k CFL or 6500k CFl comes up with a ton of options for purchase.

4000 lumens should be good to grow one plant however! Just try and keep the lights kinda close to the plant, 4000 lumens is really only going to be good in a 1 or 2 square foot area

you can't get cold daylight bulbs in Netherlands?

Hi there, no At last not in any local shop or supermarket (haandyman,Hema, xenos ,etc.... Not even in supermarkets! You could find them online but your transaction gets registered so it's not a good option if you don't want to get suspicious! Yeah it's sounds crazy! Even though here in the Netherlands is tolerated, if you get busted game over! The grows hops mostly sell hps lamps mh lamps or leds or fixtures but not compact cfls with low wattage range! It's strange is in it!o well I'll try to keep you guys updated in my first grow with what I've got:Namaste:

back in the day i bought some 4000k G13 (or whatever they are called) tubes and they work great for veg, i have not used them for flowering since HPS is so much more effective per watt but if you can get 4000k ones... IMO they work.

how much watts your bulbs have?

Hello, I replied to you in my thread but idk if you saw that or not, While I have yet to start my first grow I have been doing a lot of reading while preparing and my original light idea was to use CFL's. From what I gathered, you can veg with the warmer spectrum light but I'm pretty sure they don't do super well, plants really need that blue light in veg. You can try and buy some 5000k or 6500k CFL's online on Amazon or Ebay if that is an option for you. just a quick google search on 5000k CFL or 6500k CFl comes up with a ton of options for purchase.

4000 lumens should be good to grow one plant however! Just try and keep the lights kinda close to the plant, 4000 lumens is really only going to be good in a 1 or 2 square foot area

i have vegged with HPS (~2100k or so) with no probs. it seemed that ones under cool cfl tubes got more bush faster but it all was the same in the end.

Back
Top Bottom