Auto Topping Thread

thebeast27

On Vacation
well since my current grow has had so many followers .thanks so much.but I see everyone wants to learn about topping autos.so this thread is for any1 curious about topping autos.or if u have topped an auto share your experience.any questions thoughts pics info or general discussion .all is welcome. il be here all the time to answer anyones questions about topping autos. welcome everybody;)

now here are a few examples of autos I have topped along my growing journey and to show a topped auto can be a beautiful plant;):thumb::volcano-smiley::welcome:.here is auto northern lights oo seeds.topped at 3rd node;)
DSC_09023.JPG
DSC_09034.JPG
DSC_09053.JPG

then we have chocolate skunk auto.also topped at the 3rd node;)
DSC_082312.JPG
DSC_08248.JPG
DSC_08268.JPG

then we have tryone special auto also topped at 3rd node;)
20151220_095713.jpg
20151220_095749.jpg
DSC_15254.JPG

and these 2 ladies are on my current grow 10 weeks old today the big girls.far left Durban poison auto far right autoultimate.both topped at the 3rd node;)
DSC_1635.JPG
DSC_16382.JPG
IMG_20160106_095125.JPG

.happy growing every1 and all welcome;)

arteekay welcome and wow ur auto lady bounced back great shows how strong autos are;) she looks very happy and healthy.great recovery .top work;) looks like buds are on there way;)

Stage welcome and gota say a big CONGRATS to u mate.u smashed plant of the month that plant makes mine look small lol.u certainly made certain people look silly mate a big pat on the back mate fair play to ya.a beautiful plant.

Thanks Blaze for the big up.
I'm running all autos next run and I'm watching.
When I ran autos for the first time I was scared to train or trim. A little lst but that was it. I was outta smoke and I was afraid to stunt em. I'm not afraid anymore to experiment with my autos moving forward. Thx for this journal bro.

arteekay welcome and wow ur auto lady bounced back great shows how strong autos are;) she looks very happy and healthy.great recovery .top work;) looks like buds are on there way;)

From my research, I was expecting her to stay small, but she's now our second tallest plant. She was delayed, not denied the growth following the accident.

We'll be topping all our autos going forward.

Thanks for the great new thread beast, and the encouragement. :)

Arteekay thanks and good choice.its strain dependant on the size of the plant topped or not.if u have a big yielding auto seed then topping it wont affect 1 bit as uv found out for urself.at least u can say u found an auto strain that likes to be topped ;) good job

Stage im sure ur gna do just fine with autos mate .its upto us to push the limits and see what happens.a good strong auto bean plus a mad gardner can produce some suprising results and yields lol.glad could be of help.and as always any questions along the way to hestitate to ask questions anytime.happy growing every1;)

La welcome friend glad to have u along.and u defo do know lots about training respect dude;) i got backbuilding from reading ur stuff and it works a treat i do it always now to every lady in my garden.feel free to share any info u have plus im sure as time goes on gardners will be picking ur clever brain;) ha ha.happy growing every1;)

I dunno for me topping an auto is completely strain dependent say you have a sweet skunk auto 7 weeks from germination giving you what the first 2 or three weeks veg topping might not be an option at all (second week i had pre flowers). But if you have a longer auto say 10 to 12 week or even a more sativa dominate strain that will be a longer flowering and longer veg time then yeah go nuts cut train trim treat it like a fem that you're planning to flower after a month veg. :straightface: I'll try it out next run

U can top any auto with success will just add a week to harvest date.i top young 3rd node sometimes before.my current 2 i topped at 14 days old.its straim dependant to how big plant u get.but i have topped autos that have ended up short but produce huge buds. 4 oz dry .not bad for a 4 pound seed .but now im only with badboy seeds;) i hope u have ago at topping an auto mate and best of luck;) my attitude to topping autos was to see which handled it best .i have topped a fair few autos now. Some cheap auto beans and expensive beans .and upto now topping an auto has never given me a crap plant.they always respond with there 2 main colas and ul find all side branches hit the same height as ur main colas.no training.just top and let grow .they branch out all on there own and i like it;)

Spart to be fair mate never tried to fim an auto.but a very good question.first time been asked that.the way i look at it is u top early young then let veg happen u dont really wma stress her to much after the top until she has established herself into a bushy beauty which will be at about week 4. Then u can light lst or just leave her alone .the choice is yours;)

Well, I have 6 seedsseeds that are autos. 3 Heavy weight fast and vast and nyc power diesel. Assuming they all germ, I will fim one, too one and just lst one. They will be grown me fed all the same because they will be in rdwc system. I guess that'll be the best side by side comparison as we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Back
Top Bottom