What to do with Mildewed Buds?

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
If u've seen my journal, U know I've been battling powdery mildew for a month or 2. Cull a couple over run plants. I've sprayed usin Serenade disease control concentrate as a spray (check product review forum for my review on this product) which definitely slowed the PM down. I also have come to grips with this is shit that the girls are stuck with until death. I put a lot of effort, time, money, and a little physical pain into this grow. I at least would like to recoup costs and have a decent profit to improve future grows. Don't anticipate all of the buds to be infected but there is the potential for it to take over a good portion of this grow. I don't really wanna harvest early. I would like experienced grower's opinions on the best way they see I can cut my losses. Everything will be down within 2 weeks. Grow's in like a 9' x 5 1/2' flowering room. Click the follow my grow link in my signature if ur interested in the grow or the set up. All advice is welcome, but I really wanna hear others experience and remedies for this type of situation. Personally I was leaning toward canna oil/butter and/or bubble hash. I want more options.

I had that issue with my very first plant, she was an outdoor cross of Jack Herer and Alabama big bud, and it literally got so dense the humidity caused my mildew issue. I wasn't able to stop it's growth. I tried to move it to a place where the humidity was very low, and I kept the air circulating, I also cut out the effecting branches, but it was too late, I had to harvest early, so I'd get some smoke-able herb, as opposed to none.
I know this didn't help, if anything it made you more depressed, and I'm sorry, but I can empathize with you, because it's not an easy battle to win, and your grow was going so nicely before, good luck and keep us posted. ;)

Tronix, actually I did what Katt Williams call "made a pimp decision" today and chopped like the 4 or 5 worse plants down (I'll update in the journal later today). Some buds will be smokable, others I wish to either make bubble hash or canna butter or something. Just wanna weigh all my options.

Back
Top Bottom