Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By RandyL
  • 1 Post By Droopy Dog
  • 1 Post By Weed420
  • 1 Post By Droopy Dog
  • 1 Post By Weed420
  • 3 Post By Droopy Dog

Thread: Suggested schedule for molasses during flowering?

420 Member

Suggested schedule for molasses during flowering?

I've been reading online about using molasses for micronutrients and bud growth during flowering, I'd like to get your opinions also.

From what I'm reading, I add 2 tablespoons to each gallon of water (mix in a quart of warm water to dissolve it first) and give the plants molasses at each watering. Some people said every OTHER watering.

From what I've read, it was suggested to use blackstrap molasses, but I couldn't find any, so I got the Grandma's Unsulphured kind. Will that be ok?

Any other molasses tips?

Re: Suggested schedule for molasses during flowering?

Never used mollases but Bud Candy from advanced nutes it pretty much a bunch of different sugars including mollases extract. It provides the plant with simple sugars that it can then process into complex carbs which it then uses in flowering to produce fruit. I wouldn't really worry about overfeeding a plant mollases i really don't think that it could possibly burn the plant.
    If Conservatives are so conservative then why are they so quick to add their two cents and if liberals are so liberal why are they so quick to tell you what to do and how to live. Think for yourself and be truely free.

Happy water makes happy plants.

lvl 24 Hydro Ninja

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by RandyL View Post
    I've been reading online about using molasses for micronutrients and bud growth during flowering, I'd like to get your opinions also.

From what I'm reading, I add 2 tablespoons to each gallon of water (mix in a quart of warm water to dissolve it first) and give the plants molasses at each watering. Some people said every OTHER watering.

From what I've read, it was suggested to use blackstrap molasses, but I couldn't find any, so I got the Grandma's Unsulphured kind. Will that be ok?

Any other molasses tips?
    Grandma's is fine, it's the unsulphured part that's important.

I use 1 tablespoon/gallon once a week. More won't hurt, but is really not needed.

It feeds the micro organisms in the soil, the plant does not take it up as is, the molecules are too big to be absorbed by the roots. After the micro organisms break it down, THEN it is absorbed.

DD
    If you own 28 different foods, 65 different additives and 14 jugs of molasses and not one single book on plants, then that is the problem. WB

It's not the bow, it's the Indian. unkn

420 Member

Same here. Grandma 1 tablespoon per gallon

420 Member

Would it do any good to give molasses to vegging plants? Or is it only useful in the flowering cycle?

420 Member

I use it throughout the entire grow.

DD
    If you own 28 different foods, 65 different additives and 14 jugs of molasses and not one single book on plants, then that is the problem. WB

Hey Droop, how is the molasses beneficial in veg ? I understand how it adds during flowering as far as increased resin production and heavier buds. Thanks for any clarification.
    The More Medicated The More Dedicated
    My 6 Different Strain Journal:
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...t-strains.html

Journal #2 - Lemon Kush / Gak-60 / Grunk
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...k-60-grow.html

420 Member

I use during veg too. Its loaded with micro nutrients that will help throughout the growing process. Just be careful if you run hydro cause it can clog things up.

Blog Entries

I run 20 ml per gal of Sweet in bloom

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiakgrower7 View Post
    Hey Droop, how is the molasses beneficial in veg ? I understand how it adds during flowering as far as increased resin production and heavier buds. Thanks for any clarification.
    It feeds the beneficial bacteria and fungi in the soil which in turn break down the nutrients so the plant can absorb them better.

That's it pretty much in a nutshell.

It doesn't make buds 'sweeter' or add taste or anything other than by helping the plant better absorb and utilize nutrients due to the actions of the bacteria and fungi.

It feeds the soil, not the plant and a well fed soil is good throughout the grow, not just flowering.

DD

^
    ||

Excellent info
    If Conservatives are so conservative then why are they so quick to add their two cents and if liberals are so liberal why are they so quick to tell you what to do and how to live. Think for yourself and be truely free.

Happy water makes happy plants.

lvl 24 Hydro Ninja

420 Member

Okay that sounds good, but it made me think of another question or 2.

If the molasses is helping the bacteria in the soil break down the nutes better, then will the molasses have any effect on excess salts and stuff in the soil that causes nute lockout?

And does molasses change anything as far as flushing the soil goes? I assume I'd still flush for a week or 2 at the end of flowering, molasses or not.

420 Member

Does it have to be molasses? I am feeding mine organinc brown sugar, they seem to like it.

Nug of the Month March 11' SavorDank's Avatar

My bottle of EarthJuice Hi-Brix Molasses says to use every 4 weeks but im not sure about that.