New white hairs keep coming when it's time for harvest?

Gummy Bear

What does it mean when just when it's time to harvest a whole lot of new white hairs start growing out of the tips? After they that been flowering for 70 days already? Unknown bagseed, soil grow. How long to let em keep going?

I know what trichomes are and how to check them, but no scope.
Thanks!

Re: New white hairs keep coming when it's time for harvest???

The combo of unknown bagseed and no scope makes that a difficuot q 2 answer. If its a sativa its quite possible for it to be too early and its still growing.
You can get a cheap scope from radio shack, 12$,it will make things a lot easier for you

If you have a decent digital camera just take a pic and blow it up you can see the trichs very clearly this way !!

Why does it sound like it's herming to you? Lol it's probably not time for harvest those white hairs will brown an die away and then new ones will come it's all about the tricomes a scope is 15$ max I'd figurena way out to get one it's not rocket science lol

Sounds like fox-tailing to me. Some buds will keep doing this seemingly infinitely. Some strains are more prone to this - typically some sativas. It can also be caused by heat, humidity, etc. It's not all bad - it's happened to me, and essentially I just waited until the majority of the buds were ready to harvest - even though there were still a couple that just kept on going with fresh white hairs, etc. I'm no expert on this, but just sharing my experience. Hard to tell without a picture.

Also - the radio shack scope tip is a good one. They work great, and are cheap. From what you are saying I don't see any reason to think they are starting to "hermy", just my 2 cents...

Here is a link to a bit more info regarding foxtailing:

Foxtailing

Good luck!

most sativas are 9 weeks minimum..my guess is its a sativa-dominate strain. some sativas are 12 weeks, some as far as 16-18. checking the trichs is by far the best way, but i've also heard that when 50-75% of the hairs (pistils) turn red, the plant is mature and ready for harvest.

calyxes stacked directly ontop of other calyxes are foxtails..I didn't get that description from what he wrote :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom