Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PitViper
  • 1 Post By Growing247

Thread: Can you clone in the flowering stage?

Can you clone in the flowering stage?

Just wondering if you can clone while in the flowering stage. I don't have a separate room to nurse a new clone that's been taken from the veg stage so I need to use the same space after my plant is done drying so clonning from the flowering stage would work perfectly. Will this work?

Blog Entries

Re: Can you clone in the flowering stage?

yes it is known as a flowering clone. it will take longer to root...twice as long but it will work

Welcoming Committee - Member of the Month July 11' Captain Kronic's Avatar

That is also what I understand as well... cheers!

Nug of the Month Winner - August 2012 Closet Farmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
    yes it is known as a flowering clone. it will take longer to root...twice as long but it will work

After the clone roots....will it behave the same way a non flowering clone would root?

Will it grow as fast?

I have tried this once and the plant did not have good results.

gotta change light back to 24,take plant back to veg,good luck

The plant will take forever to root and grow new shoots. And when It does it will be some ugly first few leaves. The plant will not yield well by itself BUT you take clones from that plant after t Veg's a while and THOSE plants are grown as normal and they will be great yields.
    I'll try anything once, twice if I like it and make it a habit if it's fun.

Blog Entries

Once I got two clones for free from the dispensery. I got them for free because the person who brought them in cloned them while they were flowering. I put them under my T5 with my other clones under 24-0 light and the plant did not revert back to vegging. It just sat there not growing for weeks. Finally I took them outside and put them in my greenhouse for a week. That reverted them back to veg and I vegged them for a month before reflowering them. I killed 1 becasuse it was so ugly and such a runt but 1 is still alive and budding tiny little buds. I kept it just to see what the end result would be. It is flowering and producing resin bud the buds look like mutants. The plant is growing very strange because a situation like this would almost never happen normally in nature. I should have just put the little plant under 12-12 from the beginning but I had no idea. Very little bud grew on it. A lot of 1 leafs whatever those are called and all around revegging is a waste of time imho unless you do it outdoors. Otherwise you're just wasting electricity. If you take a clone of a flowering plant don't waste your time trying to reveg it to get it bigger. Just put it under 12-12 from the beginning even if the clone is only 4 or 5 inches tall. You will get more bud that way than if you try to revert it back to vegging and then reflowering it.
    exile19 likes this.

The 4 bushy ladies in this photo were cloned early in flower and are doing just dandy.

420 Member

Zilla.. yes they r looking just dandy.Have cloned 100's of flowering cuts.Some r very slow some not depends on the strain an how long into flower they r.My thoughts an experiences.All stay safe.
    Godspeed,
    DnR

420 Member

Zilla, Yes they look just dandy INDEED.Have cloned 100's of flowering cuts.Depending on how long into flower they r usually depends on how long of recovering time they have and also different strains act differently.But my experiences have been good after i grew patience.LOL well good luck U CAN DO ITJust enjoy what ur doing.all stay safe.
    Godspeed,
    DnR

420 Member

ya you can clone on flower stage no problem an dont leave it on 24 hours of light do 18/6 the plants need the dark to grow another key thing to rooting clones is making sure your res temp is at least 82 deg