What's The Best Fertilizer?

ClevelandOwnz

Okay I am a rookie grower here... just have one plant. Female, entering her budding stage right now.

It is Outdoor, in a Pot, about 4 feet tall(I started a month late), Growing In Soil. Very healthy looking.

I didn't use any fertilizer up to this point, but I really want to get some good buds out of her, some plump tasty ones.

I bought Miracle Grow Bloom Booster 10-52-10 ... and I heard that was Crap. So I gave it to my girlfriend who has a bunch of flowers growing outside. I was just wondering, what would be the best for my conditions of growing. Price is not a problem, but I still don't want to OVER spend for one plant if you catch my drift. I am not a heavy smoker anymore but I still enjoy good clean tasty bud.

Please help a rookie out.

Re: Whats The Best Fertilizer?

Hey ClevelandOwnz! :welcome:

I'm afraid you've got some reading to do. There are so many different options, that I would suggest you narrow it down by reading some reviews here: Grow Supply Product Reviews - 420 Magazine. I personally use Osmocote Plus, I have had really good results, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it...you can read about it here: Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here! You can also take a look at this site's sponsors: Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE to see what's there. One last thing, you didn't say what you were using for soil. Many soil mixes have nutrients in them to start with, some, like Miracle Grow, have slow release fertilizers that can cause issues when you add more.
:Namaste:

a mixture of Miracle Grow Potting Soil and just normal soil from the earth. Like I said, I am really just experimenting, Not looking to get too involved with growing bud in the future. Just thought I would grow a plant and hide it behind my tomato area :)

Might be a little late for a time-release fertilizer such as Osmocote.

Asking what the best fertilizer is... Are you looking to start a brawl, lol? Seriously, though, seems like everyone has their own favorite. One reasonably popular brand is Fox Farms. There are many others. Here is a (poll) thread with 376 posts that you may find helpful:
A Poll To See What Kind Of Nutes Are Preferred
You might find other informative threads in these forums:
Indoor Soil Cultivation - 420 Magazine
Outdoor Growing - 420 Magazine
Organic Growing - 420 Magazine
This thread has information about fertilizer, nutrients, and feeding (along with MANY other aspects of growing cannabis):
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
And there are other useful threads in the Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine forum as well.
This thread has basic schedules for several popular brands of nutrients (including Miracle Grow <SHRUGS>):
Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial
And there are other useful threads in the Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine forum.

That ought to get you started, both with your fertilizer question and many other things that you should familiarize yourself with.

Your cannabis plants in all likelihood will still be in full flower after your tomato plants have died, lol. Just figured I'd mention that so it didn't come as a surprise.

Haha thanks for all the information above, Yeah I just wanted some people to maybe post what exactly they use, cause most forums I have looked at... lead to fights hahahaha.

As far as the tomato plants, Yes I am well ware of that. I got my plan worked out though.. I have a potted Fig tree that I am growing (shut up everyone, I am italian.. its what we do) that I will bring over. It really doesn't need to be hidden too much.. It's in a private gated area, (next to my deck) I just need to Hide it from people who come OUT to the deck haha. But all the same, thanks for pointing that out just in case. :Namaste:

a mixture of Miracle Grow Potting Soil and just normal soil from the earth. Like I said, I am really just experimenting, Not looking to get too involved with growing bud in the future. Just thought I would grow a plant and hide it behind my tomato area :)

Okay, I'm sure you've got some nutes in there from the potting soil, If the plant is looking healthy you might want to hold off a little while...when you do add some, go real easy until you see how the plant reacts.

Might be a little late for a time-release fertilizer such as Osmocote.

Asking what the best fertilizer is... Are you looking to start a brawl, lol? Seriously, though, seems like everyone has their own favorite. One reasonably popular brand is Fox Farms. There are many others. Here is a (poll) thread with 376 posts that you may find helpful:
A Poll To See What Kind Of Nutes Are Preferred
You might find other informative threads in these forums:
Indoor Soil Cultivation - 420 Magazine
Outdoor Growing - 420 Magazine
Organic Growing - 420 Magazine
This thread has information about fertilizer, nutrients, and feeding (along with MANY other aspects of growing cannabis):
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
And there are other useful threads in the Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine forum as well.
This thread has basic schedules for several popular brands of nutrients (including Miracle Grow <SHRUGS>):
Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial
And there are other useful threads in the Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine forum.

That ought to get you started, both with your fertilizer question and many other things that you should familiarize yourself with.

Your cannabis plants in all likelihood will still be in full flower after your tomato plants have died, lol. Just figured I'd mention that so it didn't come as a surprise.

Hey TS,

Thanks for coming up with all the other sources of info. I knew I was missing a bunch of links, but I figured I'd offer what came to mind. I'm going to check out the poll myself!:)

One thing though...It has been my experience that you can add OC+ at almost any time in the grow. It's probably best to incorporate in the soil before you start, but I have top dressed to deal with deficiencies on DocBud's advice, and it worked like a charm. Just rough up the soil throw it on top and maybe add a handful of soil and water in.

I had started using Fox Farms before I learned about OC+, It seemed to work well, it was just a lot more expensive.

Haha thanks for all the information above, Yeah I just wanted some people to maybe post what exactly they use, cause most forums I have looked at... lead to fights hahahaha.

As far as the tomato plants, Yes I am well ware of that. I got my plan worked out though.. I have a potted Fig tree that I am growing (shut up everyone, I am italian.. its what we do) that I will bring over. It really doesn't need to be hidden too much.. It's in a private gated area, (next to my deck) I just need to Hide it from people who come OUT to the deck haha. But all the same, thanks for pointing that out just in case. :Namaste:

As long as you are planning for it...they will also grow quite a bit taller than your tomatos...hiding mj late in the season can be tough. I suppose you could tie her down also.

hi, i'm from georgia,tbilisi. in my country cannabis is not legal ..but i grow from 2007 every years.. i need your help about fertilizer... i have never used any fertilizers for my plants and i need your advice which is the best... sorry, my english is not good
p.s. my friend have pigeons... i heard about pigeons poop is good but how i can it use for my plant i don't know..

poop is good, but it has to be composted first if you don't want a nitrogen burn!

You need to compost it, but it takes 6-9 months at least. Better get worm castings or manure from the store of you need it now.

like this?:
Amazon: Wiggle Worm Earthworm Castings 1 lb

1667086579686.png

i have 4 plant, 40 cm tall, 2.5 month, this is 1 kg its enough? how i can it use once?

Enough is enough and this amount mixed with soil will be enough for a full grow.

thanks friend... if you once visit in georgia let me know ... every autumn i have good weed .. good wine.. we are Hospitable nation..

Back
Top Bottom