Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 1970s Grower
  • 1 Post By 1970s Grower
  • 3 Post By Twelve12
  • 2 Post By Green Bag

Thread: Is this a Caylax swelling or a plant turning Hermie?

Is this a Caylax swelling or a plant turning Hermie?

I would appreciate your input on this...

This plant is outdoors and in flower for less than two weeks. Hope the image helps.

Re: Is this a Caylax swelling or a plant turning Hermie?

The first pic is inconclusive. The second pick shows a bit of the claw. Male flower probably.

Calyx should not swell that early unless its been jizzed on. Any yellow powder on the leaves anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by 1970s Grower View Post
    The first pic is inconclusive. The second pick shows a bit of the claw. Male flower probably.

Calyx should not swell that early unless its been jizzed on. Any yellow powder on the leaves anywhere?

Jizzed on, what's that? My cat may of pissed on it but I doubt it...no powder anywhere, I will monitor and may surgically remove later today..

Thanks for your help..

"jizz" would be male spew In other words... if you have a male flower that opened... it "jizzed" on a female flower which would make a calyx swell. The "jizz" is yellow in color and powdery in consistancy. If you see yellow powder on your leaves, you have male flowers directly above the "jizzed on" leaves.

Another plant is developing these sacks..not 100% they are male sacks yet.. I read a stem will start to show at the bottom if it is a female calyx turning into a male pollen sack.

Question is does this female calyx sack grow in the same location. If it does, I can wait till I see a stem start to emerge before sending the Hermaphrodite to the scrape yard... I doubt it will open first and leak pollen just 2 weeks into flower.
    Sure would appreciate some opinions. TY

Blog Entries

Pop it open to see if there is any seeds in there. If it is a hermie plant there will be nanners coming out of it or on the sides. It is very sneaky so keep an eye out. These look normal. Those single calyx get swollen first most often so don't be alarm.
    I'm a 100% vegan (no animal products or dairy).

Quote Originally Posted by Twelve12 View Post
    Pop it open to see if there is any seeds in there. If it is a hermie plant there will be nanners coming out of it or on the sides. It is very sneaky so keep an eye out. These look normal. Those single calyx get swollen first most often so don't be alarm.
    Hey Now, thanks for the input and suggestion. Will a female just 2 1/2 weeks into 12/12 grow a seed so quick. Also can I ask you, does a calyx on a female plant grow from there? or does it grow from there only if the female is turning herm?

BACKGROUND: They are just 2 1/2 weeks into being placed outdoors after being in the veg room for 3 weeks. They where in the Moms room for about 45 days prior to that. I never transferred them into 1 gallon containers from clone. They where extras and not needed for my #2 grow. I kinda abused them to see what they could take in the moms room and then got the idea to test out the BushMaster product prior to using on my #2 Indoor grow on the left overs. So I decided to place them in the veg room and after three weeks of LOVE, they came to life and I sent them into flower. Goal is to do a short mini grow, that by using BushMaster, can keep the roots reduced and height stopped.

If it has hermied due to the stress you put it through, you should be OK if you just pick off anything that looks male and give them an easier life.

Hmm seems to me to be inconclusive through these photos but....looking at the last set of pics you posted....third one down...you see those pistils/white hairs turning red/brown at the bottom middle of the photo? Thats indicative of pollenation...atleast to my understanding...