7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

butters6906

hi im new here and just wanted the more experienced growers advice on how my plant looks and the conditions...

What Strain is it?--- sativa dom i believe not sure of the strain though

How Many Plants?--- 1 plant

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?--- flowering stage week 4

If in Flowering Stage... How Long?--- 4 weeks

Indoor or Outdoor?--- outdoor

Soil or Hydro?--- soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix?--- mother earth, im thinking that a seed in the stuff i buy ( if there was one) was thrown out or dropped and it started growing beginning of may ( surprise grow lol )

If Soil... What Size Pot?--- no pot in the ground naturally

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?--- the sun

Is it Air Cooled?--- by the wind

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?--- temperature at range this month is high in the 80's and low in the upper 50's at night

RH of Room/Cabinet?--- never the same day to day

PH of Medium or Reservoir?--- well water let out for a day to evaporate impurities

Any Pests?--- none so far that i know of

How Often are you Watering?--- 2 to 3 times a week ( on a 1 week flush at the moment )

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?--- 1/2 - 3/4 tea spoon of fox farm tiger bloom per 2 gallons of water

Size or Square Footage of Room?--- all the room in the world

problems: none that im aware of but this is my first grow. sativa is 7 1/2 feet tall at the moment and has 5 main branches coming off the stalk about 1 foot from the ground so im guessing it should have 5 main tops???
lots of secondary branches ranging from 1 to 2 feet in length as you can see and tons of flowers all over.

never been pinched, topped, LST'd nothing just left to grow with a close eye for any problems. please tell me your thoughts, concerns, comments, thanks in advance for any comments or help

IMG_63033.JPG
IMG_63023.JPG
IMG_62964.JPG
IMG_62952.JPG
IMG_62933.JPG
IMG_62846.JPG

Re: 7 1/2 foot tall sativa, organic outdoor grow flowering.

A random seed falls outside, roots, and it's female? Go buy a lottery ticket lol.

Definitely high percentage Sativa.

The leaves have a few blemish spots, keep an eye on those and make sure they don't continue advancing, otherwise the plant looks good.
All Cannabis plants have 1 main top naturally, anomalies and mutations aside. In order to create more than 1 top, you haave to 'top' or FIM the plant, which is cutting off the main top. BUT.. since you're already flowering, I highly advise against doing this.

i was never topped this is what it looked like when it was small and then one a couple weeks ago...

1 month into veg

IMG_63418.JPG

2 weeks into flower

IMG_62487.JPG

idk lol im new and like i said it grew randomly so its my first grow, and im running to the store now maybe ill take your advise and grab a lotto ticket lol. thanks for the input on her though and about the blemishes i did see those a week or 2 ago but they are not advancing from what i can see they may actually be getting better.. it may have been a lack of nutes but i started with FF tiger bloom 2 weeks ago and its looking good for the most part

oh and im hoping its done at 12 weeks of flower cause it will be mid october then and weather here i cant really go any longer then that with frost and everything, idk if you have experience growing sativas but is 12 weeks usually enough on average? or do you see them go 14 or 16 often? i will have more pics up tomorrow of week 5 so keep an eye out for that

It still looks like it has just one top, but it happened to grow those side branches the same height as the top, which is good news for you.

I have a Sativa dominant growing now that flowers for 8-9 weeks.
I have an Indica dominant that goes 9-11 weeks.
It will really depend mostly on the strain.

What you'll need is a good magnifier or microscope. 40x will help.. but 60x removes all the guesswork completely and makes it really easy to see the trichomes. Without being able to clearly see the trichomes, your harvest time becomes total guesswork.

right right, i do have a 30x jewelers loop do you think thats enough? and for a sativa they should be cloudy not amber trichs right?

and also will the other branches then yield the same as the top to an extent? and as you could see in the 2 weeks into flower full plant pic the bottom leaves are fat like indicas somewhat so thats what got me hoping for a possible 12 week tops flowering period. but like you said the trichomes ar the only real way to determine harvest either way though it has to come down no later than the 3rd week of october so im staying hopeful and just as it grew randomly maybe just maybe it will pull of the flowering time to lol.

thanks for the help and pointers antics!

30x will be enough to get you by.

Generally a Sativa will produce more of a head high, and an Indica a body high. I believe that changing the harvest time simply amplifies or lessens the effects of each.
What kind of effect are you specifically looking for?

The other branches that are similar in height CAN produce similar results, and in some cases, can just produce full colas just like the top.

I'm going to guess your harvest date will be around mid-late september, judging from the flower size now.

Glad to help out where I can :thumb:

really you think mid-late september?? that would only be 8 to 10 weeks that would be awesome though then i wont have to worry about frost quite as much and it could fully mature, im going for a high of a little of both but that should work itself out with some buds probably getting to the couch lock stage while others havent matured quite that much, but really either would be great lol. but i do know from studying that sativas are more of an head high but then again that it can affect 2 people differently depending on there human makeup if you know what im saying.

but again thank you for the advice for sure and keep it coming i could use as much as you have to offer! oh and i know this is a loaded question but with it being 8 feet tall or so and about 5 feet wide at its widest point what could i range for yield? i know its a hard question because there is no real way to know but just a guess i suppose

:bigtoke:

really you think mid-late september?? that would only be 8 to 10 weeks that would be awesome though then i wont have to worry about frost quite as much and it could fully mature, im going for a high of a little of both but that should work itself out with some buds probably getting to the couch lock stage while others havent matured quite that much, but really either would be great lol. but i do know from studying that sativas are more of an head high but then again that it can affect 2 people differently depending on there human makeup if you know what im saying.

but again thank you for the advice for sure and keep it coming i could use as much as you have to offer! oh and i know this is a loaded question but with it being 8 feet tall or so and about 5 feet wide at its widest point what could i range for yield? i know its a hard question because there is no real way to know but just a guess i suppose

:bigtoke:

the 2 plants I'm growing now are stated to only take 8-9 weeks for one, and 9-11 weeks for the other total flower time. You might even harvest earlier than what I said, it all depends on when they started flowering. Just keep an eye on the trichomes when you get closer.

well like you said ill keep an eye on it and if its ready early then awesome if not then oh well at the end im going to come away with more than i had to start so im happy, and really i feel super lucky that its even growing having not planted it and all. as i said ill keep updating so keep an eye out to see how she does, thanks again for the help

You also have luck on your side since the plant the grew is also female.

And since you're newer to growing, I'd say you can start taking a look at trichomes now to see how they're doing, then check in once a week on trichomes. As the number of cloudy trichomes increases, you'll want to check them every 3-4 days, and as you start seeing an amber trichome pop up here and there, then I'd check them daily until you get the right percentage of cloudy:amber to achieve the effect you're looking for.

After a couple grows you'll get a better feel for trichome development, and won't have to check them as often.

But it's still really cool to see trichomes under a higher magnification to see what holds all the magical curing effects.

End of September is possible if she started blooming so early, but I'd settle on middle October. It's hard to say really. It depends on how pure sativa she is. The purer the longer it takes to finish usually.

right right.. it started blooming july 16-17, so im in week 5 now and the days will only get shorter so longer nights in september should help it i believe but like i said im going to assume mid october if it gets done earlier awesome!! if not it has to come down due to weather

conradino, if only there was less distance. I'd love a nice bet on which of us guesses the harvest time closet.

Whoever loses the bet has to pack the bowl :)

I'm still going to stick with mid-late September. Either way, it's a massive plant, and you should get some really decent smoke from it.

conradino, if only there was less distance. I'd love a nice bet on which of us guesses the harvest time closet.

Whoever loses the bet has to pack the bowl :)

I'm still going to stick with mid-late September. Either way, it's a massive plant, and you should get some really decent smoke from it.

We'll see, man. We'll see :)

Back
Top Bottom