Flowering at 6 Inches

davidhseo

How tall will my plant get if I start flowering it when it is 6 inches tall? Right now, it is about 1 inch tall. My cabinet is only 2 feet tall so I need to keep it under 2 feet. How much bud will a 2 feet tall plant yield me? Eighth? Quarter?

Re: Flowering at 6 INCHES...

6 inches for flowering? I don't know... your yeild would be very small, I'm not sure if you can even bud it at that height because it needs to be more mature.

Re: Flowering at 6 INCHES...

you can bud at any height, I got a plant that is 8" inches and has close to an oz on it. So yeah you can bud at any height.

show me this... i love seeing a dwarf with a tight flower rack

Re: Flowering at 6 INCHES.

If you have limited space why not try the auto-flowering crosses. I tried some ak47 and the went into flower on the 3 leaf axes they only got a foot tall. some pretty good bud too. 10 weeks from seed to harvest.

Also, for limited space, tie the babies down! It will give you much more vertical room to work with, and will also make the plant develop multiple colas and will help maximize your yield on such a short plant.

I use to years ago when I was limited for hight grow the plants 3 foot tall then put chicken wire over the tops and bend the plants to 1 foot high this will almost double your buds, lots of colas.

I read somewhere that guy had a 4 inch plant. He flowered it and got 3 oz. How ever this very unlikely. I have a plant that's about 8-9 inches tall. Started 12/12 last Monday and it showed sex yesterday. Oh yeah, it can be done.

i have a friend that grew a plant that was maybe 10" tall and it had almost 3oz on it. it looked like a foot ball. idk how he did it he would tell me but i would think he just went 12/12 very short. it was the craziest thing i have seen

It depends on the strain. An example is from an acquaintance that grew Clever Man, an indica strain, on a 12/12 cycle from seed and the single colas were 24-30" tall and yielded an average of 42 grams per plant under a 400 watt HPS.

I flowered a 6in clone, for giggles. Made it to 15in and yielded 14g's dried and cured, la confidential.

I veg satvia clones until 8" then I place in flower mode using Bushmaster for 2 day in my drip system. The plant will grow another 3 to 4" and buds starts to get thick. I am nearing harvest, about 2 more weeks. Without Bushmaster, the plants get over 4 feet, with Bushmaster, the plants stay under 2 feet.

Jeez... they grow 3 feet during flowering? Wow, that's some stretching you got these.

Are you nitrogen heavy on your flowering ferts?

I had too many seeds germinate and they all couldn't fit in my veg room. So I put it right into the flowering tent. It's about 9" tall, 1 month from seed and starting to bud. Strange thing about it though, it has 3 sets of leaves instead of the normal 2 at each node:
IMG_08078.jpg

IMG_0808a.jpg

You've got a stress phenotype being expressed for 3 branches at each internode. It's pissed because it was getting hormones it knew it shouldn't have been yet, and instead of producing flowers, you got three inflorescences at each branch instead.. Likely auxin levels shot up with the gibberlin and florigen. Hormones can do weird shit to a plant when it isn't expecting it, and some genes are only activated it times of emergency stress. Going into 12/12 before it's sexually mature causes that.

On the upside thou.. That'll give you more leaf surface area so effectively, you're plants getting the same amount of photosynthesizes as it would if it was 13 1/2" tall. :)

That's an interesting phenotype thou.. I can't say I've seen that anywhere else.

Were the seeds F1 strains?

Back
Top Bottom