Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how do i achieve maximum bud size

Re: how do i achieve maximum bud size

the most important thing is to keep them stress free!and lots of ventalation,to encourage stem growth,ie a ocillating fan.big stems means big buds.

Big Fucking Lights, the highest wattage you can find and buy 8 of them, Nutrients, possibly hormones, optimize growing conditions for that strain. Do research on the plant strain and find out all its little ins and outs, You might have to buy a book or 2. Oh and experience, your plants will do better with more of your experience. All that and a dash of love.

Whats this Hydrogen Peroxide trick you are using? I've never heard of it.
    Smoke buds with your buds
    -Me

"Its better to have known puff and to have lost it than to have never puffed at all"
    -Buttercup

Blog Entries

There is no hydrogen peroxide trick. Obviously someone has told this person some stuff that isn't true and it's being taken as truth. Big yields will "NEVER" come from a bottle. Maximum care and optimim growing conditions are what makes big yields.
    Even the fabled super bud with paclobutrazol won't make huge buds if the plants don't receive optimim care and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by QUEENBUD00 View Post
    Good rotted horse shit...
    amen! that shit is the best when growing 'any' plant! I'm talkin huge plants bro
    'i have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use.' --God (Genesis 1;12)

'Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic noises. that's nothing, 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows' --RobbyMac

Blog Entries

I'm talking huge flies as well brO!
    Last edited by Alaska Lady; 03-23-2009 at 10:40 PM.

The only things that grow large buds is optimal growing conditions, The growing medium PH has to be correct, a good nutrient supply present, LOTS of the CORRECT lighting spectrum for budding, Lots of ventilation, proper temperatures and plenty of TLC. Give your girls those things and they will take full advantage of what their genetics allow them to.

Heck yah, my first grow only thing I had goin for me was lumens and my fox farm soil. My ventilation coulda been better and it was way too hot. Now im doin hydro and I'm monitering and regulating everything now. It's like it's a different plant lol!
    Cartman-"There you see, you shouldn't have written a paper about dolphins. Dolphins are stupid."
    Stan-"Dude, dolphins are like the second smartest animal on the planet."
    Cartman-"Buh, hah, right, if they're so damn smart, how come they get caught in those fishing nets all the time?"

1000 Watt Closet Grow!
    Fox Farm Soil-Strawberry Cough-1000HPS

What I regret with my first grow is that I had the minimum lumens per square foot and I had no exhaust fan, only oscilating. I went big on the bucket and I did lots of research on the nutes and I even used molasses durring the budding. Turned out good, but i know what to invest in next crop.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    There is no "silver bullet" to achieve big buds.
    You need to optimize your growing environment--exellent medium, carefully monitored ppm (you'll need a meter), constantly correct pH, 6,200 or more lumens per sq/ft, the best nutrients (no miracle grow!), ventilation and of course keep the grow area pest-free.
    It usually takes a number of grows before you learn to get things down pat.
    Yeapper !!!

I'm still unclear about how to have good ventilation when running a co2 generator. I think thats what i'll research next.

Good ventilation?
    with a co2 generator?

With CO2 there all you need is circulation.

Maybe filtered exhaust is all you need.

you need a perfect room- vented hoods-fans up the ass-Co2- a bad ass fertilizer regimen- lots of water-lots of ferts- and a plant that can handle being fed ferts at least 5 times a week. and whalla thur ya be

the more $ you blow on your room the better
    the all mighty grape ape in my avy

TIME TO THRASH!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Quote Originally Posted by charliemopps View Post
    I'm still unclear about how to have good ventilation when running a co2 generator. I think thats what i'll research next.
    You cycle your exhaust with the generator. Gen on exhaust off and vise versa. They make controller for doing this and some of them get very costly. If you leave the exhaust on while generating co2, your only able to boost co2 levels but never reach the optinum levels.

i read sugars(fructose)from honey or molasses increase bud size or at least swell them 20%. id reccomend also having somthing to fend off spidermites before there is even a sign of an infestation, i hate them.
    Last edited by Alaska Lady; 03-23-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan View Post
    There is no hydrogen peroxide trick. Obviously someone has told this person some stuff that isn't true and it's being taken as truth. Big yields will "NEVER" come from a bottle. Maximum care and optimim growing conditions are what makes big yields.
    Even the fabled super bud with paclobutrazol won't make huge buds if the plants don't receive optimim care and conditions.

I'm definatly with racefan on this one. Growing is a science and can be an art also. Science is all about trial and error.. you just have to experiment and see what works best until you get things down right but theres always a little room for improvement down the road.
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast