2 weeks into flowering - yellow leaves

greengatorade

Hi!

I have 2 White Widows in a closet that have completed their second week of flowering. They were both started in early November from the same bag of quality seeds ordered from the Netherlands. They are planted in soil made of a mix of Miracle Grow, peat moss and perlite. They are under a 400W HPS light. Both are females, are 4.5 feet tall, and now they both have plenty of flowers. Since I have initiated the flowering, I also give them a tiny quantity of 0-10-10 organic fertilizer. I am getting a bit worried though:

• One of the plants is dark green and the other one is light green
  • The dark green one is much wider than the light green one
  • The light green one is slightly taller (maybe 5 inches)
  • The light green one develops many yellow leaves, especially in the lower part

What do you think? Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Could it be a lack of nutrients? Or too much?

Thank you for your help.
:peace:

I agree ^

My girl is at about 4 feet and the bottom is missing a bunch of leaves... I'm sure it's the same thing.... How high are the yellow leaves on the plant?

Thank you for your replies!

Racefan, you are probably right when you say that the two plants have different phenotypes. I will stop worrying about the fact that they look different per se.

CustomMX6, there are yellow leaves from the bottom up to 3 feet. The higher the lesser yellow leaves there are. But on this plant, leaves that are not yellow are light green, much lighter than the green of the other plant. I mean, even the top leaves are light green vs. dark green on the other plant. Can it be explained by a different phenotype only?

The light deficiency is an interesting idea, but what is weird is that the dark green plant is much wider than the light green one (3 feet diameter vs. 2 feet diameter). Bottom leaves should get less light on the healthy plant than on the not-so-great-looking one.

What do you guys recommend? Sit tight and pray for the best? Trim the upper leaves? That is my first grow and I am a bit lost :(

Thanks a lot!
:peace:

The lighter green plant stretched up further and grew more leaves, so used up more nitrogen than the other plant did. Give it 1 good feeding with veg fertilizer to help slow down the yellowing up the plant.

The old leaves will not recover - they will stay yellow and probably fall off.

Peace
MC

Maybe one is stativa and one is Indica? (sp)

I dunno man, I have 325W to my plant, and the bottom leaves would turn color and fall, due too the lumens I'm assuming. But it only affected about 1-1.5 ft of the plant. That's why I was askin.

Back
Top Bottom