View Poll Results: Do you flush before harvest?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I feed until the end.

8 5.52%
  • Yes, I flush with water only.

110 75.86%
  • Yes, I flush with additives or a solution.

27 18.62%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you flush before harvest

Arrow Do you flush before harvest

Do you flush before harvest? I would like to hear from others if you flush or not and if you do, which method do you use? Do you flush with just water or a solution? How far from harvest do you flush?

Blog Entries

Re: Do you flush before harvest

I flush 3 days before I harvest.

Blog Entries

Yes and no. I stop feeding about a week before harvest and just feed straight water from then on in but I don't add extra water to actually flush.

Blog Entries

I quit nutes at one week and flush at 5 days to harvest with fresh juice last grow..

Plant and Member of the Month Winner (April 11') Plant of the Year 2011 Matanuska Valley's Avatar

2 weeks befor harvest, I flush with water only.
    I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...
    And I'm all out of Bubble Gum..!

420 Member

I flush one week with hydro and two with soil.I use Sweet till the end.

I was looking over the answers so far in this thread and realized I did not explain my own method at the beginning. In the past I have used only water anywhere between two weeks and a week before harvest. The reason for starting this thread was I am considering flushing with Sweet added. I have heard that some people add carbs at half strength during the flush. I have set a cut off date for nutrients at a week before expected harvest.

I flush for two wks before chop and might hit with some molasses or sweet inbetween.

I quit feeding 7 days before the cut, and when i say flush, it's three times as much water as the volume of the container the plant is in. i flush three times in that week with carbos added in. no other watering at all.

pictures?
    13ong0n247

I flush about 5 days before to allow the plant and buds to dry out before hanging.

Using 5 gallon buckets of soil I stop feeding a week before I think it's finished, and then water only for two to three weeks.

meaning, when I think it's a week out it's really three weeks out, especially when growing a new strain.
    Last edited by Alaska Lady; 04-08-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlowTreeZ187 View Post
    What exactly is flushing
    "Flushing" refers to giving the plant plain water (no nutrients) and at higher then normal volume. This is done either to combat certain complications, such as nutrient burn, or to flush the plants system clean before harvest. Residual nutrients in the buds can lead to a harsh smoke that crackles as it burns and does not taste very good at all. By that point, we can simply call them "impurities".

Speaking to the original topic, I flush at least a good 3-4 weeks before harvest. The last few days the plants are given no water whatsoever.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum- "If You Seek Peace, Prepare For War."

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Yeah I flush. Previously with straight water for one week. This time with black strap straight through. Once I skipped flushing and fed straight through... Firing up a was like lighting a sparkler.

It has been interesting hearing from everyone on this subject. I used to flush with only water but have since changed that to flushing with water and 1/2 strength Sweet. This seem to do the trick. Taste is clean, no harshness. Smell is nicely enhanced by the addition; the smells of the usual strains I grow have a noticeable berry undertone on top of their usual skunky or citrus odor. Storage is great; along with a slow cure, the buds store nicely with no hay smell down the line. I flush between 1 and 2 weeks to harvest.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast