Plant leaves turning yellow and crispy

buzo

hi there 420. im just about finished my first grow.
i have 2 afgan kush plants.
when i bought the seeds the packet said flowering time 45-55 days

my plants have been flowering 46 days now and the leaves are turing yellow and crispy. i have been flushin for 5 days now.

can u help what should i do?

harvest them now

or let them ride for a couple more days

:thanks:

Hey, I wish I had an answer for you. I posted right next to you with I think is the same question. I didn't get a response either. Two of my plants about 6 weeks into flower started looking shitty. The leaves got yellow and curled up and really dried out looking. I took a ph reading and it was high. I think I caused it myself by overfeeding them with nitrogen. When they started looking a little yellow I tried greening them up with some N. So if thats the case with you about all that can be done is to flush and hope they make it I guess. One of my two that went south is hanging in there the other is looking grim. She is still alive but not happy. I am hoping she will hang in there for a few more days until I harvest. I just hope the buds are still halfway decent. I guess this might be a difficult thing to diagnose without knowing what went on. Good luck with yours

It's normal for the fan leaves and some of the other leaves to yellow and even die off at the end of the flowering of your plant. ;-) It shouldn't happen over night though. It's a gradual process, so if it happened very quickly it may be something else.

Perfectly normal for this stage of flowering especially considering you've been flushing for 5 days. The plant is consuming the nutrients from the leaves in a last ditch effort to live long enough to get pollinated. We want it to do that to take the harshness out of the smoke. Just keep an eye on the trichs and harvest at 50/50 amber / cloudy. :peace:

Thanks for the reply. My concern is that 2 of the 8 (all the same strain and age) started looking bad real quick, like within a couple of days. I think I know what happened so we should try to learn from our mistakes. It's part of the process, right? I'll still get some good bud from her. Thanks again.

same thing happened to me, I was flushing and still the older fan leaves got dry and crisp and just dead. flushing wasn't the cure either. but it is very close to harvest so MAYBE that's it.

Well, my one was bothering me so much I decided to harvest her. I was thinking it may start degrading the buds. The buds on her were not as smelly as the healthy girls that were looking good. Also I noticed the resin was a little less. The tric's were cloudy and some amber but I know if she were looking better I would have waited. I figured bud in the hand is better than maby some bush. I just hope my diagnosis of what caused this problem is correct because if not I might repeat the same thing on another grow. Thanks for your response and I hope yours didn't look as funky as mine did. Good luck on the rest of your grow.

hey refer unless i missed something you never did say what you think caused it or do you think it was the n issue? just curious if i can help

as stated, it's normal towards the end of flowering and should occur when it's being flushed properly, you want to flush with pure water the last week or two so you have a better taste in the end product, the leaves will turn yellow and start to dry up as the plant draws all the last nutrients out of leaves and into the juicy resin filled buds....

I had a accident i knocked my k2 plant over.... wts the chance of survival?

i put the plant bk in the closet wi the other one under the light.... if the plant doesnt die during the night is it a surviver? or could it take days?:ganjamon:
another thing iz.. i never smoked K2 before is it a gd smoke r is it nt a gd plant? the growth seems very gd!!:Rasta: the other plant is getting bigger every day, how long is it b4 its ready to bud? i planted them 3 weeks ago. :)

Hi. Pictures shure would help to diagnose the problem correctly. The yellowing in the later stages is normal in my garden. The crispy leaves may be a heat issue. Are your leaf edges turning upward, or downward? If they just look necrotic, that is normal as well. I prune them off when they appear to no longer benefit the plant.

Back
Top Bottom