Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

Tunkers

I have a working fridge attached to a thermostat set at 25C.
Inside is a bucket style low pressure aeroponics setup.
I have started a seedling in it today and it has already began developing but I am concerned about ventilation. Because the fridge is running, and keeping the air cool, I don't want to overheat it or run the power bill through the roof by installing a vent or exhaust fan but will the plant survive without it?

420-magazine-mobile256056285.jpg

Seedling this morning when first started

420-magazine-mobile1212138573.jpg

This afternoon when I checked on it

420-magazine-mobile901718146.jpg

I'm hoping to see some fuzz develop on that root in days to come

Here is the fridge. Please let me know what you think.
420-magazine-mobile618074343.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2116307967.jpg

This is how I have the pump set up. It is running on a 15 minute timer because the canaponics timer I purchased is not working like the cheap piece of crap it feels it is made from. Very unhappy with that purchase. So anyway, it is running 15 on / 1.5hrs off. I'll adjust this if any signs of dehydration or overwatering shows
420-magazine-mobile699394714.jpg

Im thinking it wont work. Because u have no fresh air supply.

Sent from my LGMS345 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
This is my thoughts also unfortunately. I've installed exhaust and because of the temperature difference between inside and outside the fridge, I'm hoping that in the times the exhaust fan isn't running, enough fresh air will be replaced as my desk fan pushes air down towards the vent... Only time will tell. You will know when I'm posting pictures of more holes in my fridge haha. Thank you for the feedback though. I thought maybe there wasn't really anyone out there...

nice idea...but in my opinion stick with a exhaust fan..get a air intake....unplug the fridge....

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

Should I stress? I feel comfortable about how it's going but I am still a novice. This is 1 week old. Roots make me happy!

I assume the yellowing is nutrient burn from too much nutes at an early age. I should have halved my mixed but completely forgot. It's the amateur in me haha

420-magazine-mobile1788868885.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1633857721.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile174872836.jpg

It's not pretty but it'll ensure light / bugs / foreign objects are kept out.

I had a light bulb moment after installing the ducting. If I were to attach it to a small bar fridge, considering the air expelled is quite cool, I figured I could use it as a veg box and transfer to big fridge for flowering. Could this work?

420-magazine-mobile174872836.jpg

It's not pretty but it'll ensure light / bugs / foreign objects are kept out.

I had a light bulb moment after installing the ducting. If I were to attach it to a small bar fridge, considering the air expelled is quite cool, I figured I could use it as a veg box and transfer to big fridge for flowering. Could this work?

I like what you are doing here. But how many fridges can you have space for? Ha

I love you Mary Jane

Funny you say that, I'm attempting a grow in a small, somewhat inconspicuous space, but in actual fact I have a vacant 3 bedroom granny flat to accommodate my girls (assuming the seeds I germinated are in fact ladies)

If you are mentioning that due to the second fridge in my picture, that was the original fridge I had and then effed by cutting a hole (and an internal pipe) resulting in refrigerant leak. All I'm planning is another small bar fridge for when it comes time to hopefully clone

BOOM. Mini fridge veg box.
420-magazine-mobile1286924040.jpg

Not sure if it was because I was lit as fuck from some bud a girl gave me at work today, but I made some slight changes while I was dropping off the new fridge.

Chucked in a few CFL's (5500K) just for a bit more food. I was initially so worried about heat in the fridge that I think I overlooked the importance of how much they need. The little LED I bought off eBay was me being way too cheap.. shame..

Anyway, here's a few shots from my visit. The larger is now 2 and 1/2 weeks from seedling and the smaller just on 2 weeks. No idea of strain or sex. Could be a 8 foot sativa sausage party up in here for all I know.

420-magazine-mobile496959691.jpg

420-magazine-mobile254976134.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1680092439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile245335746.jpg

Almost forgot to mention the little hose fitting I found at Bunnings that I'm gonna test on the mini aero bucket. Took a photo to show. I just like that it's simple and adjustable, and probably less likely to clog up like those little mini sprinkler heads.

420-magazine-mobile90457695.jpg

Anyway, I'm gonna go finish that nug I was so graciously given today. I will hopefully find time this weekend to work on fitting the mini fridge to my other fridge. Fuck growing is cool. Pun intended.

Thinking out loud. A refrigerator might have the potential to make a really efficient co2 grow box. Must learn more.

/Obi

Re: Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

Update time. Haven't got much to say. I just like taking pictures. I will mention how challenging controlling this environment is. Obviously it's all trial and error, and I'm positive that eventually I'll achieve what I'm after. I just hope the headaches make the end result all the more rewarding. Anyway, here's some image.

420-magazine-mobile1001751613.jpg

Looks like some crazy science experiment haha

420-magazine-mobile574637359.jpg

Exhaust is on the mini fridge. Just gotta finish fitting the ducting to the side and should be good to go.

420-magazine-mobile1908179737.jpg

Got my live video feed going also so I can keep constant watch ie if I'm at work I can con the missus into fixing any problems.

I really like the Frankenstein grow, no disrespect! I love seeing others do things that I do, creating a new wonderful monster. It's alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Mary Jane

Back
Top Bottom