Hydroponic Grow Room

Stix

I have started building my first hydroponic grow room 2 days ago. This is my first attempt on growing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and is much needed. I have the studs up for the flowering room which is 12' by 16` and the electrical rough wiring is done. I will be adding a small vegetation room onto the flowering room sunday. I will be posting pictures day by day for building the grow room as well as my first grow.

here is the system that I will be using

MultiFlow-lg1_2656001.jpg

yeah, its actually bigger then I planned on. But its always better to go bigger now then figure out that you didnt go big enough later :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm gonna have a double bowl utility sink in the room with shelving as well. I just built my veg room today. I'll have a picture up a little later. I'm insulating the outside walls and the ceiling with R-13 acoustical insulation. I used acoustical insulation because the room is literally right below my living room. with only finished hard wood sub flooring. you can hear a pin drop through the floor.I'm not sure how loud my exhaust fan is gonna be

I will be using a 400 MH light in the veg room/ seed room. I'll have 2 400 watt HPS lights in the flower room. I'm sure I'll have to add 1 maybe 2 more 400's in the flower room later. We'll see. my first grow will be just seeds from regular bag weed. No sense in paying for some high grade seeds till I have a handle on this whole process.

The only thing that is bothering me about this room is the height. its only 5 1/2 feet tall. but as long as I have enough light and bring them to veg early enough it should be alright from what people are telling me. I hope everyone is right!

damn sounds like u got this all planed out that is fuckin awesome cant wait to see the final pics and then the growin proces.s. the celing look alot bigger than 5 foot but hey i think u will be fine ..

yeah, I've been planning this for almost 2 years now while I was living in an apartment. I've finally bought a house where I have the space to build my dream! :allgood:

Here are some more pics of my progress

Gotta love the pink panther :cool:

growroom0081.jpg

Here's a pic from inside the flower room looking through the front door of the veg room.

growroom0091.jpg

This is a pic from inside the veg room showing the 1/4 inch plywood being installed after the insulation was installed.

growroom0101.jpg

growroom0111.jpg

Here's where I'll have all the remote ballasts. Up high off the floor incase of possible water leakage :hmmmm:

growroom7.jpg

Ok, I'm going back to work on the room. Hopefully I'll have the ceiling and walls done and ready for Mylar which will be covering just about everything :smokin:

Didnt get a chance to do anything with the room yesterday. So tonight looks to be a long one. I was originally gonna just use bag weed on my first grow. But the more I think about it, I wanna grow some White Widow and Northern Lights. So if anyone has any SAFE and reputable sites that they have PERSONALLY used in the past I would appreciate the info. Thanks alot!

Well, I got all the outside walls insulated. The ceiling is done and a few walls are done too. I wish I had more energy! I can't wait to start setting up all the equipment and get this grow started! :allgood: . I wonder if I should have built a harvest room too. :hmmmm: Shouldnt you cure the weed in total darkness?
Here are a few updated pics of the room's progress.

growroom0131.jpg

growroom0141.jpg

growroom0161.jpg

growroom0171.jpg

progress is being made. the flower room is all done and ready for mylar. I ran outta plywood for the veg room so that'll have to wait till tomorrow. I'll pick up my last 2 lamp hoods tomorrow as well, then I'll have everything I need for the system. Looks like I'll be installing everything this weekend. :allgood:

I need to order seeds this by this weekend. I think I'll try willy jack's. I was thinking about NORTHERN LIGHTS X EARLY GIRL and White Widow ( I have never smoked neither . Anyone have any better choices? I want something potent with a great yield and good for the first time Hydro grower.

Alright, I'm definately gettin somewhere now. The Flowering room is just about all done. I'm kinda stumped on how far apart my pots should be. The plants wont be getting any taller then 3 1/2 feet due to height restrictions in the room. How far apart should the pots actually be? This is critical because I have to run flexible pipe between the pots, once it's done I really dont wanna have to do it again. So if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Here are a few pics of the room now.

growroom0201.jpg

growroom0211.jpg

growroom0221.jpg

growroom0231.jpg

One suggestion I would make would be to get a white plastic tarp on that floor under the pots. This will reflect alot of light, that would otherwise be lost, back up into the plants. Also, I don't know if you waterproof treated your concrete or not but without the tarp you will get alot of mold and mildew growing under the pots which can get into your soil and cause all sorts of nasty problems. Other than that....HOLY FUCK!!!! GREAT GROW ROOM DUDE!!!! I am jealous as fuck. I would love to have an area like that to grow in and I can't say that I would have done anything different. Congrats dude. Can't wait to see the lovelies filling that room.

Oh yeah one other thing, what are you doing for scent control? That many plants could stink up half your neighborhood if you don't have some good ionizers and maybe a carbon filter on your outgoing vent.

Oh yeah and how tall is that cieling? What is the distance from the top of the buckets to the bottom of your lights? it just looks like you can have a final flowering grow hight of more than 3 1/2 feet.

Back
Top Bottom