Need help setting up 2x6 grow closet

cpt chronic

Untitled127.jpg

Here is approximately the measurements for my room.

I have about $1400 I can spend but don't think ill need to spend that much I hope.

If anyone could help me with some ideas to get this going. I can start my own journal and post pics and maybe you can go along with me telling me what i am doing wrong.

this is my first time btw.

also i am worried about ventilation because i look at other grows and see they have ducts going outside. i live in an apartment and cant do that. is there ways of keeping it cool without using the duct to go outside

i want to put veg/flowering and clones all in the closet hopefully as well.

would it be better to build something myself or buy something already made. if so any ideas.

250+ views yet not one single reply. sick.

It looks like you have to leave the door open for ventilation, have a fan or two outside the closet blowing in cooler air and let the heat float up and away from the closet. During the summer time you will need to run a/c at all times to keep the grow environment 75-80F (when the lights on). In this small space without proper ventilation setup I recommend running CFL or T5 HO but not high intensity light (MH/HPS). Some high quality LED will work too, but those may be over your budget.

Lay some plastic over the floor, get some trays that fits the space and set your plants on top to keep things clean. For the walls put some mylar around it to increase lumen in the space during the lights on, by bouncing lights back to the plants.

For strains pick something that is indica dominant or hybird to your liking. Best to start with feminized seeds to take away the hassle of dealing with males. I don't think it is possible to grow two different light cycle in this setup without proper ventilation set (which you will have to make holes), so stick to one cycle at a time starting with vegetative growth then when the plants are matured flower them out, and repeat. Your harvest time will expand between 3-4 months per cycle, unless you have an empty room you can use then get some tents and use the closet to veg and the tents to flower for perpetual grow. Then your harvest time will reduced to every month, or every two weeks instead of every 3-4 months.

For fast growth try growing in hydroponic either passive (inexpensive) or active (can cost some), and with a proper training LST/TOP/FIM/SCROG or SOG can help increase your yield per harvest. Since your harvest time is a long wait, best train your plants to get the most out of yield per hour. :)

thanks for the reply..

so i am unable to run a 400w light in there?

also i was looking at the tents they already have on ebay

should i purchase one of these instead?

it is 4x2

also i was looking at the tents they already have on ebay

should i purchase one of these instead?

it is 4x2

A tent would make it much easier to control your environment (light, pests, heat and humidity, as well as odor control). I have a tent and love it! Tents are great if you can't construct one yourself or aren't allowed to in your residence (like myself).

It all really depends on your budget though, as well as how stealthy you need it to be, and if your allowed to construct your own grow area, or if its easier to just get a tent :)

also Twelve12 gave some really great advice as well. As you can see by the list of his accomplishments, definitely a great person to get help from :bravo:

yes i think id rather just get a tent.. put it in the middle. i really want to be able to do a cycle of a few plants flowering and a few plants vegging... if possible.

as for ventilation.. would leaving the closet door open be enough to keep it ventilated with maybe a fan at the top pushing the air out thru the opening? sorry im such a noob at this :[

yes i think id rather just get a tent.. put it in the middle. i really want to be able to do a cycle of a few plants flowering and a few plants vegging... if possible.

as for ventilation.. would leaving the closet door open be enough to keep it ventilated with maybe a fan at the top pushing the air out thru the opening? sorry im such a noob at this :[

If your going to run CFL or LED lights, you probably could get away with some regular house fan's because those light's don't give off a lot of heat, but if you are going to be running a 400w HID or up, then I would recommend getting a good inline fan 400cfm would be about right. Also if you are concerned with odor, then getting the bigger fan, with a carbon filter (scrubber) would be your best bet. You want to keep your temps lower than 80F for a unstressed grow, so whatever it takes for you to maintain below that temperature would be the answer :)

I would like to get a list of parts that I could just buy and set up but I dont want any problems like not having the right size of stuff. So if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Don't be in a hurry to buy. Read read read. Look at the journals and find something that will fit your needs and space. I think a 4" 400cfm fan would be LOUD if you find it. Fans air pumps Etc. can tip neighbors off. How high is your shelf a cloner might fit. You have to get containers, medium, Nutes, Ph meter, TDS meter, and of course seeds. I'll warn you growing is MORE addicting than smoking. Watching those girls mature is more than a hobby. That gives a whole meaning to "girl watching".
:420: Is the place to find the information you need.

i'm not really into much of a rush. but i am quite anxious :D

is 5 feet to small of a heighth for a grow room?

i'm not really into much of a rush. but i am quite anxious :D

is 5 feet too small of a heighth for a grow room?

I would like to do hydroponics but can't seem to find the right size trays for this 4x2. In a 4x2 I can assume to have about 8 plants right? I can't find any trays that would work for this setup. Aren't there buckets that fit and still use hydro?

Since you cannot make holes I would stick to lower heat output lights, like T5 HO or CFL. You can still use the tent to have two growth stages going on. And you can still use a 4in fan exhaust to help pull out the heat but you will need a/c running since that's the only source of fresh and cool air you have without drilling holes.

You can get those 5gal bucket from homedepot and get a net basket over them (at your local hydro store) to grow hydroponically. It will be a deep water culture system, with airstone in the bottom creating bubbles in the premix while your plant sits in the basket sucking nutrients from the top with their roots dangling. You can fit a few of those in the closet with ease no need for trays.

I'll try to answer your questions...

I would suggest looking for a tent with 6" ports on it, and one that is at least 6' tall or higher. If your going to spend the money, you might as well spend it on something that will allow you to add on to and expand if needed. A taller tent allows more growing room so you can grow your girls taller...

If you running a 400w light with an air cooled reflector, you will need at least 12" between your tops of your plants and the light at minimum, so figure that into your total height, plus the reflectors are around 8" to 12" thick, so also figure that into your height... that is 2' almost in light distance which in a 5 foot tent, only leaves you 3 feet of growing area, minus about 1' for the pot height, thats only 2' plants.... so definitely like said before, think about your growing future, it is very addicting to grow, and you definitely don't want to cut yourself short by making a quick buy....

I don't do hydro, so I can't comment there, but definitely go with 6" ports, make sure there is some kind of screen/flaps on the lower portion of your tent for airflow in... also spend a little more money on your tent, than just buying a cheep one, read the ratings of the tent, especially when it comes to light leaks, poor stitching and zippers...cheap tents tend to be exactly that...

also when buying a tent, even though it may say 2x4 tent...many tents run much bigger than the size they are labeled, so make sure what exact size you are getting... mine is sized at 2x4 but its almost 5 feet long..

Like said before, make sure you do your reading and research, before you spend money...hydro salesmen and shops love to sell you things you don't always need, so find some grows on this site that are similar to what you want to do...read a few of them from front to back, then put a list together of what you need, and start researching what is best for your situation...and think ahead, for a 2x4 tent, I actually would recommend a 600w light and ballast, with a dial function so you can set the power as needed....

what kind of tent is yours? do you have a link cause i think 5 feet wide would be perfect..

also i pushed up on the shelf and noticed i can remove it.. its glued but i can remove it so heighth won't be a problem. if you can recommend me one on the internet i would really appreciate. thank you very much ice for helping me man. would really love to get this grow going.

Back
Top Bottom