Desperately in need of help!

Jackasss

Hey guys, after rearranging my entire room, switching to bigger ducts and positioning the duct to exhaust
out of my gate, I am still struggling with heat issues...

The grow consists of:
5x5x7 tent
Phresh 8" carbon filter
GrowBright 8" 590 CFM 2500 RPM inline fan
Radiant 8" air cooled reflector
1000 watt Hortilux super HPS grow light
and other stuff, too much to name but will make a complete list once I start a grow journal!

Currently this is the set up from right to left

filter<inline fan<duct<hood<duct<outside

20141005_161845_zps09f78dff.jpg

20141005_161943_zps573252c7.jpg

20141005_161948_zps5f5c3d9e.jpg

20141005_162003_zps305f8455.jpg

20141005_162021_zps9b4b8d6c.jpg

The tent rises to high 80s within minutes from a 77 without the lights on.. As you can see in the first picture, the inline fan is strong enough to suck the tent in so it shouldn't be my fan. I switched over to bigger and shorter ducting to the window so that it does not lose power. My ballast allows me to switch from 1000 to 600 and 400 but I want to maximize the potential of my set up instead of just growing in 600watts. I was thinking about putting a portable a/c inside the system but know that it wastes a lot of electricity so any cheaper alternative would be great. If anyone has any advice or tips to help lower my temperature, PLEASE HELP ME!! I WANT TO START MY GROW!! thank you in advance!

Instead of running the ducting for the light through the carbon filter and using the hot air from the tent to cool the light, draw cooler air from outside of the tent. With the air never being inside the tent no need for the carbon filteron the ducting for the light. You will have to get another fan so you can also be running one on the carbon filter.

Instead of running the ducting for the light through the carbon filter and using the hot air from the tent to cool the light, draw cooler air from outside of the tent. With the air never being inside the tent no need for the carbon filteron the ducting for the light. You will have to get another fan so you can also be running one on the carbon filter.

Thank you so much! I will take the filter off the fan and add ducting from outside the tent. So after purchasing another fan and running the ducting from the filter through the fan out the gate, my tent should be a lot cooler?

Yes it should be, I had the same issue with my last grow and this helped a lot. But you will also need to try and dump the warm air outside of the room your grow tent is in for best results. Otherwise you will slowly be increasing the temps in that room and now your back at the start, it just took longer to get there.

Yes it should be, I had the same issue with my last grow and this helped a lot. But you will also need to try and dump the warm air outside of the room your grow tent is in for best results. Otherwise you will slowly be increasing the temps in that room and now your back at the start, it just took longer to get there.

Thank you for your advice, I havent purchased a fan yet but took the ducting off of the filter and connected a duct to the outside of the tent but it still gets hot.. Maybe I have to run an air conditioner inside the tent or outside to ensure that the tent does not heat up to the 80s?

Thank you for your advice, I havent purchased a fan yet but took the ducting off of the filter and connected a duct to the outside of the tent but it still gets hot.. Maybe I have to run an air conditioner inside the tent or outside to ensure that the tent does not heat up to the 80s?

What is the temperature in the room you have the tent, ate you pulling fresh air inside the tent?

What is the temperature in the room you have the tent, ate you pulling fresh air inside the tent?

Around 75, I just bought a 720 cfm fan replaced it with the 590, put the 590 with the filter on hopes to draw heat from the light but it still raises to mid 80s within minutes. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!

Hey Jackasss I think Ancho's idea sounds best by having 2 fans, one pulling air from tent through the carbon filter only and one for your light pulling cooler air through the light from outside the tent ,maybe not pushing it through light , like it looks in picture. Then switching your lights on to the evening and overnight to have cooler air to work with could help too. I think with fresh air coming in and only topping at 80 to 82 in your tent you can grow some nice plants.:cheer:

Around 75, I just bought a 720 cfm fan replaced it with the 590, put the 590 with the filter on hopes to draw heat from the light but it still raises to mid 80s within minutes. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!

hmm mm... Do you have air circulation inside the tent? Have you considered a Active intake or switching to an LED.

Hey Jackasss I think Ancho's idea sounds best by having 2 fans, one pulling air from tent through the carbon filter only and one for your light pulling cooler air through the light from outside the tent ,maybe not pushing it through light , like it looks in picture. Then switching your lights on to the evening and overnight to have cooler air to work with could help too. I think with fresh air coming in and only topping at 80 to 82 in your tent you can grow some nice plants.:cheer:

Hey! Thanks for the advice, I did purchase a new fan and installed it yesterday. I will have to update this thread later with pictures. One question, what do you mean by not through the light? I have cold air coming out from outside the tent connected to the light and then out the tent. Well anyways I will post up pictures and if you guys are able to give me advice or opinions from that then that will be great! Yeah I just hope it stays at those temperatures at most. I am very, very eager to start my grow already. The tent has been eyeing me and taunting me every time I look at it...

Hey. Sry i haven't read anything above. But if air goes straight outside, just remove that duct+carbon filter, and get a oscillating fan or two in your tent. I hope this helps you with your temp issues. :) Happy growing.

Hello! I must have the filter on because it has to filter the smell. I did add a fan in there and tested it out but same result..

I do have air circulation in there but I only added the fan after the temperature raised to 80. I will have to test it out again! I have but do not want to purchase more equipment than I already have :c. Spent a lot of money on this stuff and I cannot even get it right.

buddy don't stress about it. If you see my thread I have been dealing with heat issue all the time best v temp 88 in veg and 82 in flw. These plants will be able to hold the heat more that you imagine. best environment calls for 75ish but that doesn't mean you can grow outside this comfort zone. Just a CO2 bucket in there, if you can beat it, take advantage of it.

Good luck with your journey.

buddy don't stress about it. If you see my thread I have been dealing with heat issue all the time best v temp 88 in veg and 82 in flw. These plants will be able to hold the heat more that you imagine. best environment calls for 75ish but that doesn't mean you can grow outside this comfort zone. Just a CO2 bucket in there, if you can beat it, take advantage of it.

Good luck with your journey.

Yeah, I understand that the plants are able to take in more than what we can imagine but I want to maximize the yield by eliminating all the possible factors to optimize their potential! I do plan on adding CO2 also, what do you recommend? I definitely must check out your thread. Pictures are being uploaded while we speak!

Okay, i see. Have you tried this solution?
filter-fan->"duct"-lamp-fan->"duct" ? I hope you understand what i mean.
You'll get blow from first fan directly into hood, and then suck it out through last fan. I am not sure if its going to work, just a suggestion.
s to
Totally understand what you are saying, telling me to use 2 fans on both sides to create more airflow. If that is the case I must purchase another fan for the filter :c.

Back
Top Bottom