New to Indoor growing - help please?

ashwee

Hi cannabis lovers lots of questions lets hit it:

BACKGROUND:
have grown crappy out door but am not longer able to do so(thank goodness). I have crohns and celiac disease and am looking for better quality bud for less of a price for mostly raw juices and smoking. I need to grow organically as possible. (yes I have my card ;) )

POSSIBLE SET UP: Closet 2ftwx 4ftL x 6ft tall, 300w LED marshydro, (usure of soil medium), nutes will be open seame fox farm line and the regular organic fox farm line, white flat paint for walls, (unsure of strains)

QUESTIONS:
1. what strains are best for a scrog set up?

2. what strains are best for crohns and inflammation? something high in cbd im sure lol
3. do LEDS even require reflection siding? (I had a guy tell me the more you reflect a led the more you lose its potency to the plants er something)
4. how do you light seal a closet with no doors lol? do I buy some ply wood and make a door, if so how do I light seal it?5. what grow medium do you recommend? I feel coco and pearl lite may not have enough nutes...but then I feel like fox farm ocean floor may have to much....not sure.
6. .....im sure I will think of more questions lol!.....

your help is much appricated as im sure these questions are asked all day and it probley gets really frickin annoying ;) hugs and love <3

Re: NEW to INDOOR growing~~~help peaz?

Can't help you with your Chrohns, sorry. Same with the led. You won't have to seal the closet until you switch into flower. I wonder if you could get a tent that would fit in there. If you need to you could get a roll of black and white, or Panda film and make a door out of that. Just make sure that you have ventilation. You can use your imagination on how to keep it closed. I use Ocean Forest. I have put clones in that stuff and not had a problem unless I didn't start feeding soon enough. I add a few things to my soil though but FF is good stuff. But I grow organic or as close to as possible any way. Good luck!

Ok I'll see what I can do to help you out here ashwee.

1. Can't help here, I'm not a scrog grower at this time, and I have limited strain experience. I'm fairly sure you can make most work for you in a scrog though.
2. This is the forum specific for Crohn's: Crohn's / IBS / Ulcerative Colitis
You may also find this topic specifically helpful: Crohn's Disease
And this is a recent topic started by a grower who is successfully treating Crohn's with Cannabis: My Crohn's Disease has met it's match!
3. I personally only have white walls, but I have seen several folks using reflective mylar with LEDs, and I haven't heard anything like what you've said. Theoretically what you heard is right, but by reflecting the light that would otherwise be lost/absorbed seems beneficial to me.
4. Grow rooms don't have to look ugly! Why not use a pair of floor length drapes/curtains and a rod? Providing the material is thick, and does not allow light transfer, they'll work perfectly. At the same time, they will also cost more than a simple plywood covering. You also have the option of installing some bi-fold doors. You'll need to measure the doorway, but most home improvement stores will carry a variety of different doors for closets. If I remember correctly, prices start around $30, and go to $100+ (USD).
5. Coco/Perlite have NO nutes. You will need to feed the plant almost from day 1. I'm not a coco/perlite grower myself, so II can't advise you further on this. If you do grow in coco and/or perlite, this will be considered soilless, and will have to be treated like hydro, with a different PH from soil and all that jazz. Growing in soil is fairly easy for most people with gardening experience, but you'll still have potential problems, pests, etc... to deal with. Where in coco, you don't have pests from what I've read. You can also grow in just perlite, without the pest potential, and that will also be treated the same as hydro.
6. Ask all you want, someone will help as soon as they can!

And no worries about the questions, all internet forums are the same. Whether you're on an Automotive forum, a Computer forum, a Sewing forum, or a Cannabis forum. New members always tend to have similar questions.

And! Make sure you read this topic: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

You're going to find a TON of great information there. That will cover everything from beginner topics to advanced topics. And that will help you hit the ground running on your grow, and give you an amazing head start.

Awesome articles/forum posts on crhons! It's so great to see others getting positive results from nature's cures rather than pharmaceuticals. Truly relieving :)

And no coco/perlite for me sounds to complicated for me and I don't want to have to pound with nutes. So for soil should I add some enzymes to it every once and awhile? Do enzymes help nutrient absorption and/or prevent lockout?

I'm also trying to build a bit stealthy as if my landlord wants to view the internals of my house he would really care if I've added some doors on the closet. ..suppose I should post a pick of my closet so people could through ideas at me as to how to make this discrete lol.

And what about co2...is it even worth it to add a co2 system? Is it safe? I always worry about like dieing because something malfunctioned and yeah lol. If it is worth it what should I get that isn't gonna cost a lot? Is there a natural way to add co2?

Thank you again so much :D

Yeah the great thing about Cannabis, is there's almost always been someone else using it to treat their ailments, so you're never alone in the journey for health and happiness.

The coco/perlite methods are great ways to grow, but most people have experience with soil, and find it easier to use for their first time.

For soil, you usuaally don't have to feed nutrients for 2-4 weeks, depending on lights used, soil condition, and the strain. And when you start feeding, usually about once a week. Don't use time release stuff. Make sure you buy nutes that you have to mix each batch yourself. A nice 2 or 3 part nutrient system is great. JJ Bones from perfectgardens.com has all of that available. General Hydroponics and Fox Farms nutes seem to be quite popular with great results.

Adding enzymes, like mycorrhizae is great, and actually does help nutrient absorption from things I've read.

Now you have another option... Armoire grows are popular, and depending on your closet, they might fit right in.

There are Co2 systems available, some simple ones can be made at home with yeast (I believe it was brewers yeast that was preferred, opposed to bakers yeast). I don't think that level would kill you... This is Carbon DIoxide, not Carbon MONoxide. 1 molecule makes a big difference.

Many say it's worth it, but not everyone uses one. Buying a system will definitely be more costly, but it's fairly easy to make a DIY system.

Hi cannabis lovers lots of questions lets hit it:

BACKGROUND:
have grown crappy out door but am not longer able to do so(thank goodness). I have crohns and celiac disease and am looking for better quality bud for less of a price for mostly raw juices and smoking. I need to grow organically as possible. (yes I have my card ;) )

POSSIBLE SET UP: Closet 2ftwx 4ftL x 6ft tall, 300w LED marshydro, (usure of soil medium), nutes will be open seame fox farm line and the regular organic fox farm line, white flat paint for walls, (unsure of strains)

QUESTIONS:
1. what strains are best for a scrog set up?

2. what strains are best for crohns and inflammation? something high in cbd im sure lol
3. do LEDS even require reflection siding? (I had a guy tell me the more you reflect a led the more you lose its potency to the plants er something)
4. how do you light seal a closet with no doors lol? do I buy some ply wood and make a door, if so how do I light seal it?5. what grow medium do you recommend? I feel coco and pearl lite may not have enough nutes...but then I feel like fox farm ocean floor may have to much....not sure.
6. .....im sure I will think of more questions lol!.....

your help is much appricated as im sure these questions are asked all day and it probley gets really frickin annoying ;) hugs and love <3

I am pretty sure they make tents that would fit in that area. I would use a tent be easiest way to control the light needed as well as air filtration...

If you want to go organic I would say you need to do soil with mixed blood meal, fish meal, other soil additives to create a super soil. Then you are just adding water each week. With the Yft height i would recommend and indica strain. Something short you will lose about 2 ft of room just from distance needed from lights to top of canopy of plants...not to count the extra foot or so from the pit or bucket. So ideally you would want a plant that you can veg til about q.5ft to 2 ft tall and then switch to flower...

A tent would help control light leaks and smell with proper filtration setup

Back
Top Bottom