Outdoor air vs. Indoor air for "fresh air"

cratticus

Indoor garden ventilation.

What is a better source of intake air? My growing partner insists that a fresh air grow must have fresh air coming from the outdoors, regardless of how wild our temps can get. Winter can stay below 32 for weeks, and drop as low as 0 for a time as well, summer temps can reach 100 easily. I argue that we should intake from the room next door, because we can regulate our temps more, but he says no because it's not coming from the outdoors. Our flowers come out like crap, loose and just unappealing.

Room Details: 4x1000 Watts open bulb 15 plants

We have small/medium room, 20'x16'x8' ish... can't remember exactly. We have aprox 1250 CFMs exhausting to the outdoors. We also have about 350 CFMs input on a separate intake directly from the outside via a boarded up window.

I want to do a simple change and move our intake over to a new vent into the next room. That room is part of a AC system that keeps the room around 65-75F or so, depending on if the rooms window was left open or not. But regardless, it says a fairly consistent temp.

He's been growing for "years" and I am fairly new at this, but I also got my grade 12 vs his grade 10. Just looking for any kind of input...

Thank you,

First of all, air has to come from the outside some where as you are venting out side. Air has to come in and fill the gap or you will create negative pressure in your house and that aint going to happen. If your house is that tight you will have mold problems some where down the line. I get my air from inside the house and do not get "loose crappy buds". If you get your air from directly outside you will be needing to make sure and keep the bugs out as well as spend more $ cooling, heating and de-humidifying. When I am cooling my house via central ac I am de-humidifying that room. Why would I introduce warm humid air from outside just to have to fix that room? I guess that you can tell that I disagree with your friend.

is this Ricky and Julianne (sorry man,but the grades brought me to TPB)

This is not a cut and dried answer,outside air holds more c02 than interior air,as the air in the basement gets stagnate,it does drop

I have a "pre treat" room that I draw from,air from outside,gets heated or cooled then gets sucked into the room.

loose buds=not enough light,your room is massive,light minimum is like 50wt per square foot,your room is approx,320 sqft and would hold
15000 wt of light,if ya want tighter buds,make the room smaller,or add lights

I am not a fan of parabolic shades or bare bulbs,controlling temps is more of a hassle than I want,vented hoods are the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom