4x4 grow tent set up, first time growing!

NewBoy420

hello every one let me first say Im super excited to be here. its been a dream of mine to grow the best medicine in the world, for over 5 years now. the opportunity has come to start my own now. thank you god. ok so i need help on the set up i been doing some research for a while, in any one can give me advice on the set up, how many plants, lights ect i really appreciate it, thank you every one.

4x4 gorilla grow tent
fox farm soil
fox farm nuets
mars2 hydro 1600 watt(700 ish actual wall draw)
6in phresh carbon filter/hyper fan
4 inch hyper fan intake
i was thinking 3-4 strains indica
plants 4-6 in 5 gallon pots
:thanks::volcano-smiley::thumb:

Re: 4x4 grow tent set up ,first time growing!!

It all sounds good to me , I think you could stuff six plants in 5 gal pails in the tent easy enough. It would make the most of your space , you could do a scrog (screen of green) and manipulate the branches to cover every square inch ,which beats having empty space.

I think the light power will be *very* intense and the plants will love it. My only suggestion would be to use 4 smaller panels to spread the light more evenly , thats my personal preference, many people prefer the larger panels and I am sure they do excellent with them.

I always have liked to use smaller lights so I am biased , when I used HPS lighting I would use two 450w bulbs rather then a 1000w , most people I knew used 1000w bulbs with great success I might add.

I am using 3 Mars 300w (180w) for my 2x4 space which works out to 540w in total , I know I could fit one more panel in there easy. Which would bring the light power up to 720w and would be completely maxed out lumen and space wise.

Although if the Mars panels are long you will be fine using the big panels , its the spread that matters as LED's don't spread much light , my panels are only 18" long so they work well for my tight little space.

Hey thanks LEDBud thanks for the in put, so you think 6 plants in the sog method would work? any tips on how to do right? when you say 4 smaller lights over the one big one can you elaborate more on this please. thanks

i plan on starting my own grow journal in a couple days, i know a lot of people out there have tons of experience if you guy could give me any tips i would really appreciate it. Im a newbie so if you had any trial and errors i would like to also hear about it. thanks you all

I am just a student of the scrog technique , you could do a search on the site here for scrog grows , enter the search term Scrog as the title and you will find loads of pages to learn from.

Instead of 2 1400w (700w) 1400w total , you could use four of the mars 2 700w (350w) total 1400w

or four of the reflector series 192x3w leds (350w) for a total of 1400w

Or 8 of the 300w(180w) old model for a total of 1440w.

Which ever way you go it will be a massive amount of light , full tilt bogey maxed out to the nines. A growers dream for wattage output and coverage really.

you know what man it does sound like multiple might be a better idea if i plan on Scrog. and preference on the mars2 over the reflectors? ok im glad i want to make sure my plants get all light they need.!!

I like the Mars2 myself but am using the old model, in my opinion LED's do not need to concentrate the beam anymore then they are to begin with , well that's my opinion.

There seems to be a lot of fan fair for the LED panels with lenses , for me it seems like it would just make matters worse as far as coverage is concerned , LED's have a small coverage area to begin with I think everyone can agree with that.

Perhaps the lenses work better then I am crediting them , I have never used them so its just conjecture really.

After thinking about it I don't think 8 panels would fit in a 4x4 tent , it would be to tight.

Same as four of them in my 2x4 area , to tight , it would only leave 2 inches of space between the panels which would be a hot situation.

Re: 4x4 grow tent set up ,first time growing!

I got my 4x4 secret jardin tent today. Unfortunately I had to go with a shorter tent as my space would be to tight hight wise with the gorilla tent. I will post pictures when it is set up.!!!!

20150224_131436.jpg
20150224_131304.jpg
20150224_131206.jpg
20150224_131106.jpg

you only need one of the mars 1200 in a tent that size and trying to include smaller lights having grown in 4x4 and 5 x 8 tents using the mars leds seems like a lot of increased cost when you could get a light rail from amazon for about half the cost and keep your electric bill from climbing but with the space you are trying for a 1600 would rock and 1200 will get the job done.

20150224_153012.jpg
20150224_153024.jpg

i will be staring a you tube channel for my first grow if you guy could check it out i would appreciate it. i will post the youtube name later.

madscientist9 i was considering the 1200 but as i was reading on another site was that you should go with the bigger coverage that the true coverage of the 1600 watt might be more like 4x4 and i seen it on a you tube video. every seems to like the new mars2 1600 so im going to take a chance and run with it.

I really like the idea of using four smaller panels , although a single panel is much easier to adjust and set up then four of them. The 1600w is a big panel at 20x20 inches it leaves only 14" on all four sides of your 4x4 tent.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Mars_2_1600.jpg

LED Bud i have thought of more smaller lights but i already have a budget lol and im at 600 just for the light. so im still debating about hps or led. like i said before is am leaning towards the mars 1600. what do you think 1200 or 1600?

The 1200w is 18" square so it would leave 16 inches on four sides , its about 550w which to me its somewhat under powered for a 4x4

For instance four of the old style 300w /180w panels push 720w which is 30% more light then the 1200 and with only about 8" on the sides. Cost $105 x4 panels = $420 ;)

In my opinion the 1600w would be a better choice over the 1200 because of its 800w power draw which is 300w more , a 45% increase in power over the 1200.

Back
Top Bottom