Setting up a grow room in a Industrial Suite

Gushers

Hi my name is Gushers! In about a month I'll have funds accessible to start my grow operation. I have began my search for the correct location and I've been looking primarily at industrial suites. I wanted to know if anyone here has any previous knowledge working with industrial suites and if you think I'll run into problems with setting up a commercial grow inside.
What is an industrial suite?:
HhD2JHn.jpg

The specific one I'm looking at is 1000sqft for only a little over 1k a month. and is roughly 25x40

What should I say I am using the space for?

That's the main reason for this post. I'm 19 and have never "owned" land. I'd be doing this mostly as a one man operation with some help from friends as needed. Southern California. Medical patient. I have enough patients to cover as many plants as I would like to grow.

Well you're in a legal medical state, medical card, and assuming your patients have their medical cards you're off to a good start.

But since it's still federally illegal, and you'd be leasing, and growing on someone elses property, it kinda comes down to them.

And lets say you lie to them, lease the place, and a few months down the road, need to contact the property manager to make repairs. If he needs access to the building, and sees you lied about what you were doing, he might not be as understanding.

It can end up going either way here man.. I really don't know what to say.

Sounds like a very large amount of risk and maybe a bit much for your first project as they are going to want a long lease to begin with + insurance + utilities. then some sort of face signs on the door the more professional looking so that's going to cost. I could run down a long long list but I would say for you to do this 1000 sq ft grow you are looking at 15 - 25k and that's a lot of DIY. Wiring and plumbing, materials, nutes, etc. Not trying to crush your dream just saying at 19 you can take on the world then when you are 35 you are well aware that its really you against the world lol and life experiences are priceless.

...at19 you can take on the world then when you are 35 you are well aware that its really you against the world....

Very well put, sage advice.

But we all have to figure it out.

Anything can be accomplished with the right plan, proper motivation, and some knowledge with a willingness to learn....

Good luck, plan well, don't let others tell you that you can't. But, don't ignore their advice and words of caution.

Very well put, sage advice.

But we all have to figure it out.

Anything can be accomplished with the right plan, proper motivation, and some knowledge with a willingness to learn....

Good luck, plan well, don't let others tell you that you can't. But, don't ignore their advice and words of caution.

Thanks for the advice.

After looking it over nd talking to 3 different property mangers (only one wasnt okay with it). The one im more seriously interested in is 600sqft for 650 a month w/ deposit of 1.3k. After first 4 months of rent is paid ill have around 6k cash for lighting and all my supplies. I think this is actually much much more reasonable to atleast start with, i can always expand. 1000sqft was a stretch, thats why im here asking for help and guidance. I'm determined to continue with this project!

All i have to do now is wait about 3 more weeks and hopefully the space will still be available.

Sounds like a much better plan, especially being up front and honest about how you'll be using the space.

Never let anyone discourage you from your goals, just make sure when you jump in to getting that plan moving, that you've worked out all the details, it'll help things move smoothly, with less unexpected problems in the future.

Good luck in your endeavor :Namaste:

Wasn't saying don't go for it but just get a plan and think of your cost, wish at 19 I had been that motivated or the legality was better. What kind of system are you going to use, nutes, and lights as these are your three majors not including temps but most of those will come with a nice big a/c that uses a bunch of juice but keeping temps shouldn't be a concern for you.

Honestly, I think I saw you're new to this (as am i). Again, not to crush your dreams but I think you should work in stages first. A smaller production at home using the grow tent setup you were talking about in another thread I think would be the way to go. Figure out what method you like to use, soil/hydro, which hydro method to use cause there's so many, and get a few grows under your belt, save as much money as you possibly can. Continue to do your research here and irl. I think once you've grown a few harvests you'll have a much better idea for what you need and what you want setup wise. Plus you'll hopefully have a bit of cash on hand to get setup properly, you'll need monitors and controllers for sure since you won't always be on site.
I personally am trying to plan out how to get a home grown production up and going with the eventual goal of harvesting around 30oz a month. Still not 100% sure what that will entail but I've got a few months to figure it out as I don't have the cash to get going yet.

I've seen a lot of new growers fail because they bit off more than they could chew at first. They end up selling their brand new equipment to guys like me for a fraction of what it cost them. Having a good size grow op is something that you need to scale up to after starting small. That way when you make mistakes (not if... when) there aren't as many casualties that add up to more time and money. If you can afford it and are ready for the risks, go forward and enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom