Air intakes & overventilating Qs

curlybud

Overventilating
I was wondering... what would the effects / consequences be of having a higher intake than the exhaust fan can push out?

ie, 100 CFM being pushed in with an exhaust fan doing only 50 or 75CFM? I think I might have overdone my intakes a bit...

Air inntake
As we all know, the lower the intake, the colder the air it grabs. What if the intake is at the very bottom of the growbox and therefore pushing the air right at the hydro system (in my case, a 20gal DWC rubbermaid container). Wouldn't it be better to have it a little higher up where the air gets pushed at the plant(s)?
I can't picture the air being very beneficial being just pushed towards/around the container?

Well what could happen is smell could escape through the intake, and you can end up with positive pressure in the cab, and stale air. Most grows don't really need a intake fan, just a exhaust fan, and a intake hole , so you have negative pressure in the room, or cab, which means no air will escape, except out of the exhaust.

if you want to keep the intake fan, just switch the intake fan and the exhaust fan. can't you just turn the thing around and make it pull out (i know, pulling out always sucks! haha) instead of pushing air in? if you just rearrange the duct work a bit i think you can pull it off.

Hoi
Yea trick is to keep intake bigger than exhaust, in my case a 160mm intake hole and a 125mm exhaust fan, my intake is also down by the floor but i use an oscillating fan right above the intake that sucks some of the cooler air up and mixes it. Most of it is blown under the light on the topsection of my plants, this way i am able to keep my 600w hps 12 inch from the tops.

Back
Top Bottom