Grow Light Cooling

Buddahcon

Greetings once again.... with the advent of grow light cooling,

1) Any suggestions on fan sizing(cfm) for a 400/600 Hps set up?

2) Do the glass Len's/tubes reduce /filter any lumens?

The forum has been wicked helpful, glad i joined !!! Many thanx in advance for info.

:peace:

Buddah

1) Any suggestions on fan sizing(cfm) for a 400/600 Hps set up?
In what size area? I use 170CFM 4" inline on an 19/5 runs one hr after lights are off. Exhaust is 6" 190cfm runs 19/5, in a 96"L x 48"W x 96"H area = 256 CF total area. Temps run 72-82 RH at 40-65

2) Do the glass Len's/tubes reduce /filter any lumens?
Rarely, If it is tempered glazing some very minor reduction of transference of lumen output is lost, for the reason being is even "Clear" Tempered or Annealed Glass (Glazing) has a slight green tint to it. You can see the green tinting of glass if you stack multiple layers of glass together and look at it.
Laminated Glazing has an inside plastic layer to reduce and inhibit UV light transference.
I prefer to use Laminated Glazing as a cover over the lamp and hood, this also allows the 6" exhaust hooked in to it to expel heat eminating from the lamp instead of holding it inside the room. My Preference is using a Laminated Glazing over a Tempered Clear Glazing.
Tempered glass cannot be cut. Laminated glass can be cut.

air cooling is definitely the way to go. My setup pulls a ton of heat out of the grow room & sends it outside. One thing to remember: take the glass out of the hood every now and again & clean the filthy thing. Unless your intake is filtered, you'll pull a lot of dust into your hood, were it settles on the glass. I have to clean mine off every other month or so, but I live in the dustiest place in the whole country:smokin:

Most excellent dudes...thanx for that info as i will take it to heart in my design and construction of the grow rooms..... the rooms will be 6'x6'x71/2' is size.

:peace:

Buddahcon

Back
Top Bottom