Thread: Ideas on the best way to ventilate my grow tent.

Ideas on the best way to ventilate my grow tent.

Its 64"tall x 20" x 36" and in my closet (which is completely empty and walkin but small.).
    I have one 4inch duct fan (80cfm) and one 6inch duct fan (250cfm). Also a clip on fan for circulation. There are two 4 inch vent ports on the back and two 6 inch vent ports on the side. There are vent flaps along the bottom as well... I have no money for an air cooled hood or any ducting at the moment. My light is a 400watt Mh/hps system. What would be the best way to set up my ventilation?

I was thinking the 250cfm fan in the side top port blowing the hot air straight out of the closet and the 80 cfm pulling a/c air in from the bottom back port. Also a clip on fan to keep air circulating in there.

I'm pretty new to the tent thing so any tips on ventilation/smell or growing in tents in general would be great.

|| ALSO.. would this have to run continuously? or would it jsut have to kick on every so often?
    It's sensimilla. Healing of the nations.. Brings nice vibes yah? We love it.. All over the world people love it.

how to excercise your constitutional rights during encounters with the police.

Boss' poor mans grow
    my first grow
    my 2nd grow
    I dont really grow weed. I am making all this up for the sake of fun and boredom...

Re: Ideas on the best way to ventilate my grow tent.

I vent my tent to an open window in the same room.
    I run about a 265 exhaust and a 188 intake "roughly" I leave mine on all day but I am growing a strain that smells strongly in veg.
    It is best to exhaust from the top and intake from the bottom. I have my exhaust fan sitting on top of my tent, pulling through my light and a carbon filter.
    I strongly suggest the A/C hood, the ducting wont be very expensive maybe 25 bucks if you buy the insulated stuff.

The smell can be dealt with using a carbon filter, you can see it in my pictures they cost about 50$ and are worth every penny you can stand outside the tent and smell nothing

I am able to maintain low of 65 degrees and high of about 77 with humidity numbers between 30-45% without anything but an open window and the vent system.
    I also run my lights at night to reduce the chance of ambient daytime heat screwing things up to bad.

There are some pics that might help on my journal thread.

Re: Ideas on the best way to ventilate my grow tent.

thanks for the help smokey. Exactly what i needed to know.
    It's sensimilla. Healing of the nations.. Brings nice vibes yah? We love it.. All over the world people love it.

how to excercise your constitutional rights during encounters with the police.

Boss' poor mans grow
    my first grow
    my 2nd grow
    I dont really grow weed. I am making all this up for the sake of fun and boredom...