Cannabutter leftovers

Heavyherb

Nug of the Month 2nd and Plant of the Month 3rd Pl
Hey I've got a question for anybody who has an opinion......my wife just made cannabutter yesterday using 2 lbs of butter and one and a quarter oz of weed...she put in in a crock pot and simmered for 6 hours then strained through a cheese cloth....ok heres my question, can you use the left over weed for anything? and how about the water? is it good for anything? Is there any THC left in the left overs????thanks :cool:

Just something to think about... I use 4 ounces of trim for every pound of butter. But trim doesn't have near the resin content as big buds. And everyones dosage is different. I prefer slightly more potent stuff.

Anyway, you have pretty much stripped the essential oils from the plant matter, and it is now in the butter's fat content. Sure, they may be trace amount floating in the water, or left on the bud, but really not enough. Seeing how the bud is drenched in water and butter, its fairly useless. I throw it out.

Make sure to pour more water through the buds and cheesecloth to get any left over butter out.

Just something to think about... I use 4 ounces of trim for every pound of butter. But trim doesn't have near the resin content as big buds. And everyones dosage is different. I prefer slightly more potent stuff.

Anyway, you have pretty much stripped the essential oils from the plant matter, and it is now in the butter's fat content. Sure, they may be trace amount floating in the water, or left on the bud, but really not enough. Seeing how the bud is drenched in water and butter, its fairly useless. I throw it out.

Make sure to pour more water through the buds and cheesecloth to get any left over butter out.

+1 on potency....I followed the directions in the sticky in this forum, and used 1 oz of ground buds per pound of butter. I think it's perfect. YMMV. :peace:

Hey another question.....can you freeze cannabutter??? does it ruin the THC?

your should freeze the trim for at least an hour before making hash, but i'm not sure about after its been put into butter form.

I've been told to use it in the first week or freeze it for use later. I made up 2 batches of cookie dough and froze it so I can make some canna-cookies whenever I want and not have to re-batch the btter, and cookies each time for jsut a few cookies. Just like store bought, take them out, toss 3-6 on a cookies sheet and 20 minutes later you have nice warm cookies :peace:

Ok thanks for the replys everyone, sounds like the water and the weed have no THC in them and should just be thrown away.........

Back
Top Bottom