Very fast and easy vegetable glycerin THC extraction

DavidBriggs

420 Member
I was reading various extraction methodologies the other day and kept going deeper and deeper within the science. The spectrum of possibilities is endless. I chose 3 methods to investigate, Liquid Nitrogen extraction, Alcohol extraction, and Vegetable glycerin.

The liquid nitrogen process can grow very expensive and is not the greatest extraction method, the alcohol although a great method has a few pitfalls namely its flammable and it needs to go into the oven for every recipe that takes a reasonable amount of time, and lastly the Vegetable Glycerin... Very interesting, some people say to heat it, others do not but the consensus is that it takes about 6 weeks in a sealed jar that is shaken ever day and kept a few degrees above room temperature. I decided I would try an experiment.

Double boiler method for Vegetable Glycerin Extract (Papa Kief - Collective Consultant and Cannabis Activist. (619) 365-5240 for pictures)

This is a recipe used to create a vegetable glycerin based tincture to be used in drop form. It is fully activated and need only to be consumed by placing a few drops under the tongue to be immediately felt or ingested what is swallowed will subsequently be absorbed by the body in the GI tract.

Ingredients (Variable in increments of 8.5ml glycerin per gram)
1/8 oz well ground high quality cannabis
1/8 cup food grade Vegetable Glycerin (commonly found at drugstores and pharmacies)

Tools

Cheesecloth
A glass jar and lid
A glass dropper bottle (for dosing)
Large pot
Oven Mitts

Method

Grind the cannabis as finely as possible and place it in the glass jar, pour over the Glycerin and stir it all in

Seal the jar. Heat the pot of water to a simmer and place the jar into the center. The level of the water should be about the same level as the contents of the jar. This will make sure the jar does not float and fall. Let the mixture cook for 6 hours or you can do it longer shaking the contents of the jar often and adding water to the pot as needed to maintain a level of boiling water. Once this is done you will want to pour your mixture through cheesecloth into a bowl. After you have poured it through squeeze the excess from the cheesecloth careful not to break it. I will suggest using gloves for this, however I didnt and I will assure you, this stuff can go through your skin and make you Super Stoned. Just a heads up.

Ok so here is what I got out of my experiment, a dark green vicious fluid that 1/2 teaspoon is equivalent to 3 marinol pills.

My buddy who has a perscription for and takes marinol on a daily basis came by and bottomed up a 1/2 teaspoon. Below is how he described the effects of the glycerin as it compares to Marinol.

* 5 minutes in he said he felt it in his face, pulling a smile and relaxed eyebrows
* 15 minutes in he said that it is the equivalent to 3 marinol pills, he usually only takes two
* 30 minutes in he said that he could feel it and it was much more rounded or complete than he experienced with Marinol, he said it felt like an edible but in a very manageable dose
* 1 hour later he wanted to know how I made the stuff
* 3 hours later he said he still felt good but the effects were beginning to become less noticable
* 5 hours later he said the effects were gone and he felt great, not too tired and not weird.

SO I think that High speed extraction of THC can be done using Vegetable glycerin in a double boil and perhaps a Crock Pot. below is a picture of the cannabis after the experiment

It appeared to me that there was still THC on the plant material, so I cooked it in butter for a few hours and made some mac and cheese. It definitely still held some THC because I got extremely high but I believe that a longer period in the glycerin or a fruit press for extraction would be needed to be sure.

Lab Results - Success - 5 drops and I was feeling great

PapaKief - Collective Consultant and Cannabis Activist Blogger

Hello MrDavidBriggs , it is some time after you wrote this thread and I wander if you have some progresse made with Glyserine and other stuff. I have a question; at what temperature will the THC go into the Glyserine? What will be the outcome of a mixture Glyserine/alcohol (e.g. Rum) I just doing this at the moment. The mixture has a farmore viscosity and with my 150 micron sieve must go without a problem. Any way, I hope you can give me some more info. regards Denker

if tinctures interest you i would recommend you research the "primum ens of Melissa" except in this case i would replace the melissa with cannabis indica/sativa. i have made this with a pure indica and had quite startling results- spontaneous visions and added depth to any social experience.. as if i were talking to people on a mental level as well as physical .e.g. when someone would talk to me or ask me something i would "see" the answers flashing in my minds eye as they spoke... was quite illuminating

My research into Vapr oil making recomends a temp of 140 degrees when using veg Oil.
GET A Thermomenter ! a MUST have.
also, Veg Glyc will seperate over time.
an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner is a method of more completely mixing the diff. oils thourghly.
Slag

Thanks for this interesting post, I live in Australia and medicinal cannabis is not legal here yet. Hopefully in the not to far of in the future I may be allowed to make something that will help my wife.

Peete

Smiles.... non taken!! its all about the the legal details.
CYA & some fun too.
its all semi- true ful!
its the last line that gets you, isnt it?
SLAG

Hi there.
if i was to follow this method would i need to de-carb the plant first? would it work with an industrial CBD hemp plant instead of a THC strain plant?
and after everything is completed and in its final form could i then add some PG into the final mix and it still be effective and bind?
thank you for any comments back, and thank you for such a great upload!
Peace!

Can i drop a 5-7 percent of such extract into vaping base (vg and pg)? And i'm interesting in percent of thc in it. thanks

Back
Top Bottom