Does Eating Marijuana Give You The Same Effect

smokeydude420

I love eating it, and I know the difference, what I mean is-

If I buy a Sativa like Malawi Gold with a high Psychoactive effect and head clarity will I still get those effects by eating it other than smoking it. Or is the THC in these different plants different so the high's all in the THC and eating it is all good?

Smoking - Majority Mental high , quite a few strains that give body highs
Eating (not straight up , of course) - mainly gives a body high no matter what it is . some strains give different effects for a body high and it can also give you a mental high too but nothing to brag about

Eating usually produces a stronger and longer effect lasting anywhere from 2-8 hours taking 30 minutes to 2 hours to kick in . I suggest searching the boards for more information or you can ask questions that I can answer for you

From what I have read THC must be heated to turn it in to THCA? Or maybe it is the other way around but you must heat it before you eat it or you will not get all you could out of the buds. If you dont like sweets you can make peanut butter crackers and bake them.

Yea , it has to be heated around 300-320 because the THC evaporates at around 325-350 . I have heard that eating it straight up works but you have to a lot . And I mean a lot .

Thanks guys! I guess what I'm trying to ask is,
If I smoke some weed and it makes me see pretty colors
If I cook and eat the same weed will I still see pretty colors? or is the high completely different? I know about the body high, and that it effects that alot more, but was just curious if it would lose any psychoactive properties?

You will still feel it in your head but the way it's processed since your eating it it'll be primarily a body high .

Personally, I enjoy eating it MUCH better than smoking it. When I eat it, (Banana Bread mainly) the high is absolutely perfect and is much more body than compared to smoking the same strain (Willy's wonder). I have insomnia problems and when I eat it....problem solved. I also don't get cotton mouth as bad when I eat it. a big piece of canna-banana bread at 8 pm = nicely stoned by 9 pm and asleep no later than 10:30 to 11pm.....6.5 to 7 solid hours of un-interrupted sleep :)

Heck, I ate a half a bag of chex mix (just a small bag) that I got while in Cali... that was last night at about 4pm... I'm still freakin stoned!

Good shite to say the least... I don't know if I like eating more than smoking but, I can say that I like it both (all) ways alot!

Last night at 8 pm, I made a dish using 1/6 th cup Cannabis infused olive oil , 2 cloves of garlic, salt , pepper, 1 cucumber peeled and chopped, 5 crimini mushrooms chopped,lite sodium soy sauce, and 1 cup chopped firm tofu, fried it till the cucumbers were soft. I am a meat eater and this was awesome! The high came on about 1 hour later, lasted far into my sleep, bedtime was midnight. When I woke this morning I was clear headed and rested.
My body was very relaxed, my pain went from a 5/10, to 0/10 whaa? ,my mind was calm, mood happy, reflective, insightful.
I would say it gives me a stronger , longer lasting, and different effect than smoking. This works far better than the meds pharma co is pushing .
The olive oil I used I made with the top from a plant (Skunk#1xMazar)I had to prune to save, as well as the leaves from trimming her. She was one week away from flowering. No worries she is alive and doing well!.
Hope this helps.:smokin:

I've chewed (very lightly and slowly), seeped (kinda like you would with chewing tobacco), and swallowed decent bag-weed buds and have gotten the same effects as smoking. Much of the THC does get absorbed through the pores in the mouth into the bloodstream. May take a little while longer to reach your brain.

As much as I enjoy smoking it, I also like eating (as I described above) prime buds from time to time...give my lungs a break.

If you're referring to eating fresh buds, or leaf - it won't give you any highs at all. The Cannabidiols (for example dom Indicas vs. dom Sativas) will give you something like a body stone, but without the high. The buds and/or leaf have to be dried for the THC to become psychoactive.

;)

My question to you , Drifter , is if it's worth it or not . If chewing on buds like said works , how much do you need compared to smoking to get the same level of high ?

My question to you , Drifter , is if it's worth it or not . If chewing on buds like said works , how much do you need compared to smoking to get the same level of high ?

I couldn't say if it would be worth it to you, or not. That would be something you'd have to figure out on your own with your own personal experimentation.

A few things to consider:

*If you've got issues with the odor involved with smoking Cannabis.

*If you've got serious respiratory problems, or other health problems where smoking would be more of a detriment than a benefit.

*Taste - can you actually stick with just eating buds outright (not in food)? not exactly the best tasting things to put in one's mouth.

I mean...I could go on and on, but I won't.

Personally, I've been smoking using the Drag-Seep-Inhale method for quite some time. I even started a thread about it and I have found it to be VERY beneficial as far as reducing the amount of weed I need to smoke and delivering a more intense high at the same time.

Uh...

Hey Branson...

I reckon I didn't give you a complete answer - relating to "how much". :sorry:

That's hard to say. With all the different kinda buds out there, with this potency and that potency, body high verses cerebral high, stoney versus speedy; then there's the person's weight, diet, general health, and stuff like that which contributes to how Cannabis effect them.

From personal experience:

When I was younger, I did the same "inhale straight to the lung" bit with jays, pipes, and water bongs (never smoked hash). Time went on and I discovered if I let the smoke seep in my mouth for a spell I got higher quicker and with less toke. Even got to the point that I keep and seep the smoke in my mouth long enough that when I do inhale, what I exhale is very little if any (smoke). It's like the the vast majority of the smoke gets left in my mouth and not much actually gets into my lungs. Go figure.

Anyways...

That's the best I can tell you.

:thumb:

Eating some edibles can create a long lasting body high that is comparably different from smoking in certain terms... the effects do take longer to kick in, so if quick relief is important than an inhalation method might be best. Each experience is depends a lot on the individual, however if you see pretty colors when inhaling, it's very likely that many of the effects would be similar when munching an edible. Remember to take the pace slow at first until you have determined how eating your medicine impacts you specifically.

Drifter , much more information than needed but very much appreciated , +rep and I figured it wouldn't be easy to answer about "how much" per say , but thank you anyway !

Depending on the edible especially if it is made with kief/hash I will get what I call candy auras, pretty colors going on. Unfortunately with all the cracking down lately of the dispensary's I am having to do without my edibles. I am having to get whatever I can get from friends & friends of friends right now & its just not the same. 51 year old woman in my area just got busted with 400 lbs of marijuana & was able to post $120,000 bail. Man, such a waste! That would have been a lot of brownies! I miss my Kiva dark chocolate tangerine bars right now,my cupcakes,suckers,brownies,caramel popcorn,cookies,rice krispee treats. My joy is gone since I don't smoke as it makes me paranoid. I hope something can be done soon & the dispensary's can open their doors again in my area.

Back
Top Bottom