Doggie Treats

insain1

A friend of mine asked me if could make some treats for her ailing pup. I said of course I could try (I had never tried or even thought it was possible)..... She knew I made MM cookies for others, so here is the recipe if anyone would like to help ease their dogs pain too.

2 Cups of Wheat flour
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
1 Cup of Peanut butter
1/2 Cup of low fat milk mixed w/1/2 cup of MM butter

Mix by hand the dry w/the wet till all are combined
Roll dough out to a 1/4 inch thickness
use a small cutter to make bite sized snacks
(I used a small pill bottle as a cutter)
Bake at 375f for apx. 20 mins. or till lightly brown
if you want them crunchier leave them in the oven after you turned it off.
Makes apx. 90 treats enough for 3x a day for a month.
Store in an airtight container.

I'll be working on a Cat treat next!

:scratchinghead::goof:

This is a great post. :bravo:

I have an older dog that I have recently taken in with some arthritis and possible cancer. She is still alert and in very good spirits, she is improving daily, but I know she is in pain. I've been thinking of giving her MMJ edibles to help ease the pain.

Animals are our family too. I want to her to live the best and happiest live she can while she is with us. A little Cannabis for our animals in pain here and there, and in moderation, is very humane.

Thanks Julie Gardnener and fromscratch: I do hope it helps your Pup as well.

Fromscrach I don't know if you'd wanna eat those treats for the dog...He or she might bite you for swiping "HIS or HER" special Treat!!

:morenutes: and :thanks:

I would keep the bake temps down to 325 f, but that's just personal preference. I bumped into someone at a park that said she uses mmj to medicate a dog, even tried to find out who her vet is as one of mine seems to be getting a bit arthritic too.

a friend of mine occassionally gives me treats for the dog... she makes them herself and refuses to tell me how. My dogs getting on aswell, deaf and partially blind (youd be amazed how little it impairs him, you only notice when you put it to the test) but he goes nuts for these things. I might give your recipe a go and see how he reacts. Thanks.

I'd love to see some studies on mmj in canines. Would be great to have some idea what it takes to relieve pain etc. Wonder if there is any basic science on cb1/cb2 receptors etc?

Thanks for responding 2Tuff2ak8 and greenadvocate....I have always baked all of my cookies at 350f and kept an eye on them so I don't burn them. I have an electric stove now, when I cooked w/gas I had to lower all of my temps.. Stoves do vary mine cooks on the low side, yes 325f would work too.
Now on the testing query: I can only say what works for my friends dog. My pup passed away Feb/10. She was blind and had Dementia and I also wasn't into "Baking Green" then.
I only used a little bit of liquid "Budder" like 1/4 cup and mixed that w/the budder so you end up w/a 1/2 of a cup of liquid. Don't want Fido to be too stoned or couch baked, just a better quality of life.

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::thanks:

My golden lab is 13 with hip dispalasia and a tumor on his neck the size of a grapefruit. I started shotgunning him hits off the bong 4 months ago. He dosent have trouble getting up anymore shit he even jumps around now and his tumor is ping pong ball sized. He also acts like a puppy now instead of an old man. Now i was wondering if weed has any I'll effects on a 12 week old puppy. He's healthy but every time I fill up the bong he gets all exited and starts sniffing the bowl. I think he wants to get stoned

Cool Name for those treats fromscrach and my condolences to you for your pup.
Acideye420: Lots of cures happened by accident and what works for your pup is GREAT NEWS!!!! I just wished I could have helped my own pup in that way at the time.

How I got started on those "Pup Trips" was through a friend just asking if I could do something I had never even thought of doing, and it WORKED!!!! (Much to my surprise)
I'll have to tell her to also give her pup a "Shotgun" as well. (Good Ideal)

A big Thank You to all that responded to my recipe thread, I'm glad I shared it with the best gang in the world!!!!!!!!!!

:thanks::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::ciao:

great recipe a have a american bulldog he is 8 and starting to go deaf its funny when you shout him he comes running in like a madman and we just look at each other like you know what time it is :bong:

My dog loves MMJ He is only 2 years old but he has torn both of his ACLs in his rear legs. He loves to eat stems and buds. I haven't thought of making treats for him though. I am sure he would love them too. He also loves smoke. If I do not blow smoke at him he will try to jump and get it. Since he just had his 3ed surgery I make sure to blow them right to him:thumb:

I have two boxers that love the stuff. It's a gamble sometimes they get really playful and sometimes they get relaxed. They are always extremely excited. Both of them can smell it on you or in your pocket, and you have to keep the buds up or they will get eaten. They eat trimmed fan leaves too (no evidence)!

Clintboxer said:
I have two boxers that love the stuff. It's a gamble sometimes they get really playful and sometimes they get relaxed. They are always extremely excited. Both of them can smell it on you or in your pocket, and you have to keep the buds up or they will get eaten. They eat trimmed fan leaves too (no evidence)!

Yeah my pup goes crazy when we come home with new stuff. And he loves trimming time as well. I'm baking him treats right now and he won't take his eyes of me lol

Sorry to revive this thread. I just have to say thank you for posting the recipe! I just found out my 8 year old chocolate lab, Gidget, has a tumor in her stomach. I am bound and determined to fight this with your Pup Trips! :thumb:

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:Hey Cannadog,

No worries it needs to be revived once in a while!! Man's or Woman's Best Buddies need our help too.
I just hope it helps Gidget!!
My friends tell me that their Pups feel a whole lot better with the pup treats than without them.
Oh and another thing I have been tinkring with the recipe.... Add more budder for a bigger dog.
Like my friends dog weighs about 140 lbs so I use a 1/2lb of budder for 120 medium sized biscuits.
And that is also a double recipe. Smaller dog less budder. You get my drift.

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::

Yes Cannadog, I found (3) three shaped like a dog bones, S,M,L.
I got them at a place that sells high end cookwear and they had a crapload of
cookie cutters. I bought all types and shapes for my "Medibes" and of course the dog
bonz ones. When I get a chance to go back to that shoppe again, I'll get the ones shaped like a fire
hydrant or a Mailman. (lol) I was using the pill bottle at the time I shared this recipe, because like most
people you use what you have now and buy what you need later.
Best results don't use a mixer!!! Use a Pastry Cutter or a Dough Blender or if you don't have those use your hands. Messy but will work and dont worry about them being tough Gidget won't mind.
Also the Canna Budder does spoil if you leave them out for too long. I told my friend to only keep
a weeks worth of the treats out at a time and freeze the rest of the 120 I make for her Pup.
Snoop is the one that weighs about 140 and I had to remake his once.
Good Luck hope this helps your "Baby". If you have any more "Q's" feel free to keep the thread alive,
I'm more than happy to help.:thumb::circle-of-love:

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Thank you for the heads up on freezing!!! I will definitely do that. I feed RAW so this will be exactly what we all need :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok, so with the larger cookie cutters you are making larger cookies so the dosage increased?? I just made my batch but used pumpkin instead of peanut butter only because the pb I had was recalled by Trader Joe's and did half a cup of canna budder. I used 1/2 tbsp spoon to roll little doggy snacks. I got 149 snacks out of it. Dogs are 53-59 lbs. I will be giving these to Gidget with the 5 inch tumor in her belly that is pushing on all her organs, 59lbs, Layla has Labrador CNM (MS and Cerebal Palsy) and EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse) 55lbs, and Kit will be 14 in Dec, lost his rear right leg to cancer and has "old dog cough". Kit is roomie's dog, we will not be telling her that I am medicating her dog. He has become my dog anyways. I take care of the geriatrics :)

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

I'm so glad I found this recipe/thread.

My 13 year old golden has chronic lyme and has a hard time getting around. She is in pain and has multiple tumors, but still looks forward to eating and sitting outside. Her existing ailments, compounded with multiple bouts of heart worm before I got her, is certainly not helping her general health.

This seems like it's worth a shot to make the tail end of her life a little more comfortable.

Hi YoKev,

Glad you found my Recipe I have upgraded it some for larger dogs. (I haven't posted it yet)
My Friend's pup weighed 130 lbs. and was suffering from hip dysplasia.
So for him I took out the milk and added a whole 1/2 pound of very soft budder.
One medium sized cookie and he was able to sleep the night and 1/2
of one every 4 hours during the day he was like a Pup again for the day.

Good luck let me know how that works for you.:cheer::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom