Whats wrong with my tincture

19breakpoint8

Hello people of 420.

My name is Daniel and I just made a tincture yesterday to use to make hard candy.

Using the method eirc the ruler on youtube uses.

I used a 6oz typish mason jar almost filled up to the top with popcorn and sugar leafs.

I soaked it in 40% vodka, being that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find even 151 bacardi.
the only higher I found is anis liquer :S and with that flavour I dont want it to mess up teh taste of my candy.

I also let it sit for 3 days in room temp , shaking 3 times a day before I started the water bath.

I never let my mix bubble in the water bath though, just kept it warm so I almost couldnt keep my finger in it.

had it in there for about 30-40 min.

then strained it through a BIG tea bag

repeated again with the strained herb and a little more alc.

well while Im waiting for the candy supplies I thought I would taste the green dragon and see how it is.

Well I first tried a half shot glass on an empty stomach.. nothing...

so 2 hours after (since they say it takes up to 90 min to take effect) I took 3 ml and swosched around in my mouth under my tung and still noting.
I miiiight feel some tinglyness but almost none.

well imma gonna try again to take a bigger dosis . tomorrow or later this afternoon.

But if I take 1 entire shot glass to feel anything.. wont I need COPIOUS amounts to make my candy "active" and wont that mess up the flavour of the candy.

at the point that it is it already tastes like cowpiss.

Thanks in advance for all the response

Hey cyclist^^

yeapp Im leating it evaporate atm but it seems like its taking forever jeje.

and another thing. when It sits in the bowl for a while, I get something kinda like a powder or something ath the bottom,, is that plant matter or ,

I mean for when Im put it back in the bottle should I pour gently to leave the"powder" on the bottom, or mix it so I get that thing in the bottle to.

Thanks alot for the answers

I leave my jar open and know people that place theirs by a fan to help the evap process.

Also - since I do not grind my plant material up, any perceived "powder" is left in the remaining liquid and I shake/stir/mix before I use my tincture.

Hope this helps.

:peace:

hi again cyclist. yea

mine wasent grinded either,, thats why im curious bout the "powder" .

So I should not throw it away.

cheers

Works like a charm gl:thumb:

Kitchen Tools

Blender, coffee grinder, or food processor
Bowl or quart size measuring cup with pour spout
Mesh strainer
Cheese cloth
Scale for measuring marijuana
Small funnel
Quart canning jar with lid
Brown or blue tincture bottles with droppers
Estimating Dosage

Just 5 to 10 drops on the tongue or in a glass of water will do the trick every time. Be sure to test each batch of fresh cannabis tincture just a few drops at a time until you are familiar with the potency. Remember that any substance enters the bloodstream more slowly through the mucous membranes than through the lungs. Ultimately the potency will depend on the cannabinoid density of the marijuana you use to make the tincture. Cannabis tinctures can be made from leaf, trichome rich trim or manicure, buds of any quality, as well as kief and hash. If you are trying to maintain a consistent strength over time with different types of marijuana, have the crew at SC Laboratories check out your cannabis first. They can test the level of cannabinoid present so you know what you are working with.

Use the following estimated amounts of cannabis for each pint or 500 ml of distilled spirit.

Leaf – 3 to 4 ounces
Trim – 2 ounce
Trim Smoke and Bud – 1 to 1 1/2 ounces
Kief and Hash – 6 to 8 grams
Instructions

Measure the amount of cannabis you plan to use and grind it with the blender, coffee grinder, or Cuisinart to about the size desirable to roll a joint with. Shoot for pieces not more then about 3 mm but certainly not a powder either.
Add the cannabis to the quart sized canning jar and pour a of pint of vodka over it.
Seal the lid tight and shake the jar a few times then place it in the freezer. Once or twice a day remove the jar and shake vigorously for a few seconds before returning it the the freezer.
After about 5 days most of the cannabinoids should have dissolved into the alcohol. Set up the cheese cloth over your strainer and place the strainer over the quart sized measuring cup. Remove the jar from the freezer and carefully poor the contents over the cheese cloth to strain out the plant matter.
Once the alcohol has passed through the cheese cloth into the measuring cup, fold the edges of the cloth around the marijuana and twist the cloth to remove any further alcohol.
Use the small funnel to fill your dropper bottles with the cannabis tincture. If further filtration is needed, you can place a coffee filter in the funnel to catch any plant matter that managed to pass through the cheese cloth.
Filled tincture bottles should be kept in a cool dark location.
Alternative Method

I usually use Belvedere Vodka but in a perfect world I would use Everclear for my cannabis tinctures because of the high alcohol content. In reality, it does not matter as long as you use a liquor that is at least 80 proof–40% alcohol. The higher the alcohol content, the faster the cannabinoids will be extracted.

If for some reason the freezer is not available, the same method can be used to make tinctures in the refrigerator or another cool dark place. You will need to wait a month instead of five days, still shaking the jar once a day.

Back
Top Bottom