How Much Kief To Use In Butter?

Muttt

Common sense tells me that a gram of kief is a hell of a lot stronger than a gram of pot. I am getting ready to make some butter. But, rather than use bud/leaf, I thought I would just use pure kief instead. But, I have no idea how much to use. So I guess what I really need to know is how much kief do you normally get from a gram of weed? Or an ounce of weed? I don't want to put a gram of kief into my butter if that is the amount you normally get from an ounce of weed. That would just be crazy strong.

So, if anyone has kief recipes I'd really appreciate the info.

when i make butter i use alot of whatever i have cuz most of the time i just put it on toast with honey, so i can titirate dosing easily by having more or less its just that piece of toast from a new batch that can catch me off guard lol, last time i used a mismosh of sugar leaves(bout 2 oz) and 9 grams keif ,the butter was named "hulk butter" due to redonklulous potency! it lasted many months went into brownies,cookies,scrambled eggs you name it! so if a recipe called for 1/2 cup butter i would use 1/8th cup hulk butter and the rest regular, thats how i do it ,thought you might be interested:thumb:

Mutt, I know the basic recipe is about 1 oz per lb of butter, adjusted for personal potency. I would cut that to about 1/16 for kief...maybe less. So that means 1.75-2 grams per lb of butter. I would make 2 batches. The first batch with 1 gram and the second with 3 grams. Try the "serving size", about 1/2 tablespoon (that equals about 1/2 gram serving when using 1 oz~1 lb) of the weak batch and try another serving in 1 hour if it is not strong enough. I would wait until the next day to try the "strong" batch and proceed the same way. If they are too strong, mix the whole pound of butter throughly with 1 stick of softened butter and try again...if the strong batch is too strong and the weak batch too weak mix half of each together, leaving you a pound of "mixed butter" and 1/2 pound each of the original batches. You can then make your mix stronger or weaker with the original stuff. You are only out 4 grams of kief this way and you should have some quality butter with a wonderful hint of hash flavor that will be perfect for everyday use. It should have almost zero green taste or smell too!
Good luck! I am going to do this after my next harvest in December. I'm making dry ice kief with some of my trim so I will let you know what my kief to trim ratios are coming out like. I will do 2 seperate oz so we can average them. And I will keep some records so we have another resource on these forums for everyone to share.

That's great. Can't wait to hear your results.

just use all your keif if you have more then a once dont use mre then a pound of butter,, whats the worse that could happen you end up with really really strong butter and ant that point why we make butter to get fucked up off,,, lets all get butter wasted

exactly....How much? All of it :) You can always add butter, duh? Turning the stove off in 10 minutes......then strain the butter for impurities?

i use a pot on a gas burner i use gas becuase you can control the heat a lot better over electric.. i fill the pot about half way.. put the butter in let the butter melt down, then i add pot the more you add the stronger it will come out,,, all that means to me is you got to use less for it to work,, then let it simmer for a few hours to i see the water like a brownish green color and the top is all glossy like,, then i strain into a container and let sit in the fridge over night,, once the butter cools back down it will be solid and the water water.. dump the water i do it thru a strainer,, so i dont lose no butter then your done enjoy

How about one of the new "Micro-Burners"? The type that use induction to cook. No flame, no open burner element, and controls the temp of the butter within a couple degrees. You won't burn it if you keep it set at 160F. About 5-6G. of kief per Lb. will make some kick-ass Rice Krispy treats!

I use 5 gr. per stick of butter. it will be very strong so I use 1/2 canna butter and 1/.2 regular butter so my edibles are not too strong but strong enough for just a small cookie 20gr, or a 22 gr. candy like caramels. 9 x out of 10 I use trim bud leaf. It takes longer but it is also 9x out of 10 it is free. Trick is to get all the strength uniform. I am thinking of trying oil so I can get a more uniform product. It has taken me 2 years to prefect the caramels in 5 flavors. Lets see what else I can conger up! We make other extracts but I eat butter 2x a day for my neurological pain from Toxoplasmosis.

I have started using 14 grams of kief to make a pound of butter. I decarb the kief in the oven first. Put kief on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Set oven to 175 deg. F and cook for an hour. Melt butter on low using a crock pot or induction burner set below 250 deg. F. Add kief to butter and continue to steep for 3-4 hours. Strain the kief from the butter with a coffee filter. (most coffee filters are about 20 micron). After straining, add butter to the kief/butter combo to make a whole pound. That way you know exactly the butter/ kief ratio. This method makes 8 dozen single servings. Do the math, if making two dozen cookies, add 1/4 lb. of the butter to your recipe on top of what the recipe calls for. Use as an additive, not as the butter from the recipe. Good luck, have fun.

I live in a small apartment with thin walls, so I worry about the smell disturbing my neighbors (unfortunately, a fresh bowl is not a smell appreciated by all). I found an easy way to turn my crock pot into a smell-free double boiler.

1. Fill your crock pot 1/2 full with water, turn on high
2. Take your herb and put it in a large mason jar (make sure you have the lid). Wide mouth works best.
3. Put your fat in the jar. I typically use coconut oil because I use it to make pain killing topicals, but it works with butter too.
4. Seal the jar - not too tightly! Just enough to be water proof. Then put it in the water and put the lid on top.
5. Once the water is hot, turn it down to low. You may need to periodically add more water if a lot evaporates or if you leave the lid off.
6. Let it cook! I start mine in the afternoon and then let it go until after breakfast.
7. Strain it as you please. Everyone is different. I like to put several layers of cheesecloth in a fine mesh sieve, and then put the sieve in a funnel. Obviously the funnel will go into whatever jar I'm using to hold my coconut oil. Remember to squeeze it once it's cool enough to handle; you don't want to loose any of that herby goodness

I have been cooking with kief for 5 or 6 years now for my patients who for one reason or another prefer not to smoke. Some of them have little-to-no appetite at all. I have refined my recipe over the years.

2g keif
1lb unsalted butter
cheesecloth
mixing bowl

In a deep skillet, slowly melt four sticks of butter until completely liquid. Wrap cheesecloth around the mixing bowl, seal with rubberbands. Slowly pour melted butter into mixing bowl. This is called clarifying the butter, getting rid of the white froth on top of the melted butter. Throw away cloth. Return butter to skillet. Sprinkle kief into butter. Stir constantly for 45min to an hour. The butter cannot burn! The infusion is complete. Now, pour the melted butter over cheesecloth one more time. Pour into molds (optional). Leave in refrigerator over night to set.

That's it.

About the potency. Your butter is very well medicated as kief is exponentially stronger. Play around with it. Your butter is far more potent now.

No body's talking about dry ice extraction. It's much easier to get a very manageable substance that doesn't smell (extraction or cooking). It's very DIY. I get about 3 or 4 grams per ounce of resinous weed.

Common sense tells me that a gram of kief is a hell of a lot stronger than a gram of pot. I am getting ready to make some butter. But, rather than use bud/leaf, I thought I would just use pure kief instead. But, I have no idea how much to use. So I guess what I really need to know is how much kief do you normally get from a gram of weed? Or an ounce of weed? I don't want to put a gram of kief into my butter if that is the amount you normally get from an ounce of weed. That would just be crazy strong.

So, if anyone has kief recipes I'd really appreciate the info.
I usually prefer cookies when i use keif, a buddy and I usually save up between 24-28 grams. We start with boiling water then put in a lb of butter and whatever we saved at the time and let simmer anywhere between 4-6 hours on the stove (covered) and stir occasionally, once done waiting use coffee filter to collect all the green. Put in frig and let cool we then mix the butter around and make a big batch of cookies but out whatever you want just kno you’re gonna be lazy af after and will probably fall asleep unknowingly. Your poop will smell like weed, I just thought I would share just in case! Enjoy and stay high

Back
Top Bottom