Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By BigIrishDoode
  • 1 Post By Muttt

Thread: How Much Kief To Use In Butter?

Talking to a Munchkin outside the Emerald City
    Blog Entries

How Much Kief To Use In Butter?

Common sense tells me that a gram of kief is a hell of a lot stronger than a gram of pot. I am getting ready to make some butter. But, rather than use bud/leaf, I thought I would just use pure kief instead. But, I have no idea how much to use. So I guess what I really need to know is how much kief do you normally get from a gram of weed? Or an ounce of weed? I don't want to put a gram of kief into my butter if that is the amount you normally get from an ounce of weed. That would just be crazy strong.

So, if anyone has kief recipes I'd really appreciate the info.
    Muttt

Click ....... HERE ...... to vote for Plant Of The Month, NUG Of The Month and Member Of The Month

Member of the Month - August 2012 Nug and Plant of the Month - October 2013 Nug the the Month - January 2014 BigIrishDoode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: How Much Kief To Use In Butter?

when i make butter i use alot of whatever i have cuz most of the time i just put it on toast with honey, so i can titirate dosing easily by having more or less its just that piece of toast from a new batch that can catch me off guard lol, last time i used a mismosh of sugar leaves(bout 2 oz) and 9 grams keif ,the butter was named "hulk butter" due to redonklulous potency! it lasted many months went into brownies,cookies,scrambled eggs you name it! so if a recipe called for 1/2 cup butter i would use 1/8th cup hulk butter and the rest regular, thats how i do it ,thought you might be interested
    current journal
    im a roode,croode,loode kinda doode!
    thats how my roundness rolls!~me
    \m/ oo \m/

420 Member

Mutt, I know the basic recipe is about 1 oz per lb of butter, adjusted for personal potency. I would cut that to about 1/16 for kief...maybe less. So that means 1.75-2 grams per lb of butter. I would make 2 batches. The first batch with 1 gram and the second with 3 grams. Try the "serving size", about 1/2 tablespoon (that equals about 1/2 gram serving when using 1 oz~1 lb) of the weak batch and try another serving in 1 hour if it is not strong enough. I would wait until the next day to try the "strong" batch and proceed the same way. If they are too strong, mix the whole pound of butter throughly with 1 stick of softened butter and try again...if the strong batch is too strong and the weak batch too weak mix half of each together, leaving you a pound of "mixed butter" and 1/2 pound each of the original batches. You can then make your mix stronger or weaker with the original stuff. You are only out 4 grams of kief this way and you should have some quality butter with a wonderful hint of hash flavor that will be perfect for everyday use. It should have almost zero green taste or smell too!
    Good luck! I am going to do this after my next harvest in December. I'm making dry ice kief with some of my trim so I will let you know what my kief to trim ratios are coming out like. I will do 2 seperate oz so we can average them. And I will keep some records so we have another resource on these forums for everyone to share.
    your mother
    everywhere, U.S.A.

Life is not a dress rehearsal

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...orial-bud.html

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...ta-flower.html

Legal Notice and Disclaimer: All posts contained here in are fictitious and should be taken as such. All images and photos are sourced from external sources and are not my own. I have no knowledge of any illegal or legal growing of any controlled substance under any local, state, or federal law. With this disclaimer I expect that all my rights under the Constitution of the United States of America will not be infringed upon by any governing body as I do not consent to giving up these rights at any time. I continue to maintain my right to privacy, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Talking to a Munchkin outside the Emerald City
    Blog Entries

That's great. Can't wait to hear your results.
    urmom likes this.
    Muttt

Click ....... HERE ...... to vote for Plant Of The Month, NUG Of The Month and Member Of The Month

I used 2 sticks and about 3 grams of kief. Makes the house smell nice The key is to let it cook for 5 hrs to release the thc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalborn View Post
    I used 2 sticks and about 3 grams of kief. Makes the house smell nice The key is to let it cook for 5 hrs to release the thc.
    Did you use a slow cooker?
    Its not what you think you know, Its what you can prove.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...m-war/R8m4ctvn

just use all your keif if you have more then a once dont use mre then a pound of butter,, whats the worse that could happen you end up with really really strong butter and ant that point why we make butter to get fucked up off,,, lets all get butter wasted

exactly....How much? All of it You can always add butter, duh? Turning the stove off in 10 minutes......then strain the butter for impurities?

Other recipes call for a slow cooker but i just used a stainless steel bowl. Hope I didnt mess anything up?

i use a pot on a gas burner i use gas becuase you can control the heat a lot better over electric.. i fill the pot about half way.. put the butter in let the butter melt down, then i add pot the more you add the stronger it will come out,,, all that means to me is you got to use less for it to work,, then let it simmer for a few hours to i see the water like a brownish green color and the top is all glossy like,, then i strain into a container and let sit in the fridge over night,, once the butter cools back down it will be solid and the water water.. dump the water i do it thru a strainer,, so i dont lose no butter then your done enjoy

How about one of the new "Micro-Burners"? The type that use induction to cook. No flame, no open burner element, and controls the temp of the butter within a couple degrees. You won't burn it if you keep it set at 160F. About 5-6G. of kief per Lb. will make some kick-ass Rice Krispy treats!
    Bootleg- That's right!

I use 5 gr. per stick of butter. it will be very strong so I use 1/2 canna butter and 1/.2 regular butter so my edibles are not too strong but strong enough for just a small cookie 20gr, or a 22 gr. candy like caramels. 9 x out of 10 I use trim bud leaf. It takes longer but it is also 9x out of 10 it is free. Trick is to get all the strength uniform. I am thinking of trying oil so I can get a more uniform product. It has taken me 2 years to prefect the caramels in 5 flavors. Lets see what else I can conger up! We make other extracts but I eat butter 2x a day for my neurological pain from Toxoplasmosis.

The more the marrier. If it is too strong, add yellow butter a 1/4 at a time.