Indica hangover

Laliepop

I have had problems sleeping and started baking my own indica edibles to help me. I have recently purchased from a street seller as it was less expensive based on the volume but after eating a couple cookies to help me sleep, the next morning I'm still a bit drowsy...like a bit of a hangover. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong or perhaps...did I unknowingly purchase bud that has pesticides on it?

thanks!
Laliepop

Just the trait of the strain. Indica is down and sounds like its doing a very good job. If you slept well it served its purpose. Let your body adjust a few days and reevaluate how you feel. If still feel too lethargic in the morning eat less brownie/edible. Also keep in mind when you digest edibles it is hard to predict exactly when it comes on because of variables like, eating on a full stomach/empty stomach, stress levels, blood pressure, sugar levels. Once I ate a cookie at a hemp con show around 2 p.m. and started coming on the next day at lunch. Eat it with a regimented schedule at the same time every day. Also you could try edibles that are from a high cbd strain in an edible with lower THC, still sleep really good without so much hangover in the a.m. Be patient and make small adjustments. You did nothing wrong and I'm sure your bud was clean enough.

:welcome:

I have had problems sleeping and started baking my own indica edibles to help me. I have recently purchased from a street seller as it was less expensive based on the volume but after eating a couple cookies to help me sleep, the next morning I'm still a bit drowsy...like a bit of a hangover. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong or perhaps...did I unknowingly purchase bud that has pesticides on it?

thanks!
Laliepop

The dose is very strong that's why you still feel the effects in the morning.

My butter laced edibles are also very strong and if I eat just one at 9pm I still feel the effects at 5am and sometimes a few hrs after that.

Cut down on your dose / 1 cookie or maybe half until you find the right dose for you.

I fourth that info on cutting down the dosage. Cut down to 1 cookie, or maybe even a half until your body adjusts. I have a patient who didn't respond at all the first couple of times with cannbutter caramels, on the third try he ate two of them. He was a bit still influenced the next morning. He is now down to 1 caramel a night and it works fine for him to help him sleep.
Also, I agree that the effects time will vary with different people..I have found that body weight is a big factor. I'm a skinny minnie and the effects take about 45 minutes for edibles, my patient is close to obesity and it takes almost two hours for him.
It's going to be a trial and error based on your circumstances. I do try to make sure I don't eat them on an empty stomach, even a couple of pieces of toast before going to bed helps.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it sorted out!
We have a thread called "show us your Cannabis edibles" where we post our recipes and how-to's. If you're interested click on the link in my signature.
Welcome aboard the :420: community! :Namaste:

Thank you so much for the great feedback on my indica issue. I will reduce the amount of cococannabutter and see how that does me. If anyone has good advice for how to determine dosage (unless it's all just trial and error) that would be wonderful. This is a great forum and I'm grateful to have found it.

I like recipes that require 1/2 cup of canna oil or canna butter.

For me 70 grams of good trim to 2lbs of butter is my "stock recipe"..this makes a very potent 1/2 cup dosages for medibles.

1 tsp with scrambled eggs is a good dose as well.

Try and make your butter the same each time so when you do get the dosage figured out it will be easily adjusted in portion sizes.

Thank you Heady!!! Fabulous information. Simple as well. Do you have any recipes for candy like your caramels or jolly rancher/sucker style edibles that you recommend?

thanks!
Laliepop

It gets worse than that. I love a good sativa, but most times I vape Indica, I regret it. The last Indica I tried was strain "Lucy", and as is usually my custom, I used a low dose. I was looking to see if it would extend sleep since Indicas are the first thing the dispensary droids recommend. Next morning, I felt profoundly depressed and unmotivated to do Anything. I had to goto the gym and pound my cardiovascular system to pull out of the slump. So ... if anybody knows of a light Indica that might be a better choice, please show and tell! I am currently trying some Mary's patches (CBN, CBD, CBD+THC) to see if those assist sleep without hangover.

Back
Top Bottom