Magical Butter strain pain

toolman0114

Anybody gave any suggestions?
We love our MB2, it works great, but it grinds the bud so fine that when it's done it's cycle the mixture is like a thin paste and it is very difficult to strain through the bag.
Has anybody come up with a good way to strain this stuff?
We are ready to go back to the slow cooker method.

Yes, I actually emailed them twice, and got run-around rhetoric replies back, neither time answering my questions. Don't get me wrong, it works well for making the butter, but the straining is almost impossible and the lost amount is high because of it. We will probably go back to the tried & true slow cooker method and scrap the MB2 and chalk it up to a huge waste of money.

hey, I talked to a buddy of mine that has one, and he some how found a beef jerky gun that he could slide a "K" cup into (the coffee strainers for a kurig machine), and he uses that to press the rest of the butter out of the shake. not sure if thats your kind of thing, but may be worth a try....

Hey toolman, are you referring to straining with the smaller black "purify filter 90" that comes with the MB2?

Use a big spoon. After letting the machine run its course, set up your strainer above the container you are planning on using to store your extracted goodies. Pour said goodies down through the filter. You can let this sit and drain but it will take HOURS. I found that simply using a bigger spoon to apply downward pressure over the leaf matter/oil will make for 100x faster straining. I will then put on some latex gloves and apply a deathgrip on the strainer, work my way down from the top of the strainer bag forcing the oil down and out of the bottom, I can usually get dang near every last drop using this process.

I am not a fan of the small "purify filter 90" strainer that came with the MB2, I have been using cheese cloth which is similar, but no cleaning up the mess just throw the cheese cloth away once you are finished.

Hope any of this helps :volcano-smiley:

That is the strainer bag I am talking about. I have tried squeezing, pressing, stiring with a big spoon, and even cheese cloth. We are about to give up and go back to the slow cooker, it takes longer, but so much easier.

That is the strainer bag I am talking about. I have tried squeezing, pressing, stiring with a big spoon, and even cheese cloth. We are about to give up and go back to the slow cooker, it takes longer, but so much easier.

I agree with you that a slow cooker/cheese cloth combo works superb, got to love tried and true methods.
With the MB units, you are not allowed to make concentrated smaller doses which is also a downside for myself.
Have to stick to the grams per cup guide. I tried to break these rules which resulted in a HUGE mess of hot coconut oil, ow.

The MB2 does take some getting used to.. I really do enjoy the "Clean" option.. ;)

It does work great to "MAKE" the butter, but unfortunately once it's made the problem begins.

I don't use the machine just the crock pot....I use a fine mesh ladel from bed bath and beyond.

Pour butter through it and then use a silicone spatula to press the butter out of the tailings.

hand_held_fine_mesh_strainer.jpg

first try today with my mb 2 machine making butter

and did exactly as Heady said above, then squeezed the remaining few T's through the bag that came with the mb

That's pretty messed up they never responded on here after being asked by the site .. im glad i saw this post.

Hello
The Purify Filter has a 90 micron thread count and is very fine. We suggest allowing the infusion to strain naturally. The last bit of slurry can either be pressed down with a spatula or use The Love Glove to squeeze until the last drop, improving your yield. Sometimes I will strain through a metal colander prior to using The Purify Filter, this will allow the liquid to strain much faster capturing the bulk of the sediment. I apologize you haven't received a response sooner I am a noobie on the 420 Mag forum. I will be more active on this site and available to answer any questions in the future. If you would like to troubleshoot the issue over the phone, our customer support center is open Monday- Friday 10am-6pm. My name is Chris and will be happy to help you any way possible.

Back
Top Bottom