Coconut Oil Capsules?

mb5200

I have never made anything yet but I am picking up my MB2 this weekend and was looking at different thing to make with it. I want to make some coconut cooking oil and was wondering if anyone has tried making capsules with it? I thought it might be a good way to medicate while away from home, any thoughts?

it depends on how many times you use fresh material through the same oil how strong it will be
if you max out what you can stuff in on 2 cups of coconut oil @220 on the mb2 for 2 hrs
after the 2 hrs give it 1 hr on 250 strain and fill caps after it cools a bit but do it while its still slightly warm
throw it in the freezer after if you want. if you do it like that it will maybe take 4-5 caps to work
mind you 5 00 caps is only about a teaspoon
if you want it stronger run a batch like previously stated don't run the 1 hr at 250 instead
strain it out put it back in and add new fresh material, I ran about 4 times on weak buds and shake
and it works on 3 but you can be happy with 4 also
so theres the other thing the grade of the material you are using might help you decide how much
runs you want to do on one batch of oil

Yes we've made coconut oil capsules. The biggest problem we've found when dissolving cannabis oil in coconut oil, diffusing the cannabinoids evenly in the coconut oil, so one area of the solution (coconut oil) doesn't have a higher concentration of THC as opposed to another area. We use an homogenizer to fix the problem.

Yes we've made coconut oil capsules. The biggest problem we've found when dissolving cannabis oil in coconut oil, diffusing the cannabinoids evenly in the coconut oil, so one area of the solution (coconut oil) doesn't have a higher concentration of THC as opposed to another area. We use an homogenizer to fix the problem.

What, and how much, of the homogenizer do you use?

We use the CAT X120 Homogenizer with a T17 (N) Generator Shaft, which has a volume range of 250ml-1 liter. We heat both constituents, decarbed extracted oil and coconut oil to 80C on a hotplate stirrer, move the vessel-beaker over to the homogenizer, adjust the X120 drive motor on its stand so the shaft is immersed in the liquid about a 1/8" from the bottom of the vessel. Power on the X120 homogenizer, move the vessel around the shaft for about 45 seconds and you're done.

Back
Top Bottom