Making edibles for the first time - Need advice!

christinamp

Hi everyone! I've been reading forums for the last week trying to find the best way to do this. I'm putting 10-15 grams in with some kief my friend has been collecting. I'm planning on putting it in a jar with oil or butter in a crockpot on low. I've read from various places 4 hours to 12. I also read that if you use butter in the jar, you have to refrigerate it and scrap the top layer off

The jar is a necessity because I cannot have my house smelling.

Can I have some guidance please! I'm making them on Monday night-Tuesday morning for my yoga friends :Namaste:

The worse step for smell is when you decarb the herb. but if you store and freeze it you'll be fine afterwards. is the plan to have the jar sealed shut with just the herb and butter and sitting in the water of the crockpot or will the crockpot be dry and you add water to the jar? interesting method, I've always used a sauce pot on the stove on a low 2 or 3 and simmer for 3 hours after its been decarbed. once the butter cools it will float to the top of the water and harden up. Usually for me it just pops right out in 1 large green slab once I unstick it from the container's edges

Back
Top Bottom