Problem with CannaButter

curious1

Hi folks, first time user here and I've got a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I made up some canna butter. Boiled the product in water with two sticks of butter, cooled it and set aside the infused hardened butter. My first batch of brownies using one stick of butter came out nice, but were a tad weak. So, I took some additional product, put it in a pot of water, added the "previously treated " stick of butter and cooked it for a hour. Problem is that the butter will not solidify OR even separate from the water. Now I've got no butter, just a container of very strong tasting infused butter/water mix. Short of making smoothies, does anyone know how I can get the butter to congeal and harden a second time?

Well first you don't want to boil the butter you just want it to simmer. Also fat will float to the top and harden after a good night in the fridge.
You also want to decarb your herb before you simmer.
Thanks for the response, but I don't think my post was clear enough. I have boiled/simmered the weed AND refrigerated it to get the butter to separate and harden up. That all happened, but when I then tried to use that canna butter to make a stronger butter, it did not and will not harden offthe second time ? Must have something to do with the twice melted chemical reaction.

Can you not get it to separate at all? If you could try to get it to separate and then try to fish out the butter part with a ladle, maybe you can then try to put it into the freezer for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom