Old Fashoned Ginger Snap Cookies

mussh

Hello everyone,

the other day I was browsing a grow journal and the subject of molasses was brought up. amongst the positive points made for molasses as a nute, came the fact that it is delicious. I started thinking of what I ate that had molasses in it and the first thing I thought of was, ginger snap cookies. my mom made the best ginger snap cookies when I was a kid. they are so good that I called her up and asked her for her recipe.

I have grown cannabis for awhile. I grow it for my personal use only. I have made my fair share of cookies, cakes and brownies. I will say that with out a doubt, these are the best cookies I have ever made. they are so good that it is torture.

I will share with you the recipe my mom gave me.

Gingersnaps Heat oven 375
3/4 cup shortening *** SUBSTITUTE CANNABUTTER HERE ***
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves

Cream together first 4 ingredients till fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients; stir into molasses mixture. Form in small balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake in moderate oven (375) about 10 minutes. Cool slightly; remove from pan . Makes just over two dozen.

I used canna butter instead of shortening.
ok im not a baker by any stretch of the imagination. so if I can do it, so can you!!!!!!!!
lets do this!!

Cream together the first four ingredients. sift the other powders together.

cook_-_Copy.jpg

Stir the powders into your cream. mine became a blob that was very difficult to stir by hand.

blob_-_Copy.jpg

Roll in sugar!! this was pretty easy.

rollin_-_Copy.jpg

Set on tray two inches apart.

line_-_Copy.jpg

10 minutes later!

10_-_Copy1.jpg

Two minutes later!

mm_-_Copy.jpg

Roughly a half hour later!

baker_-_Copy.jpg

much to my surprise, these are the best cookies I have ever made.

thanks for reminding me molasses is delicious, SweetSue!

thanks Mom!

I am going to have to make these :)

you wont be sorry!

I would recommend making a batch without cannabutter. you will want to eat more than one and you can see where this might be an issue with the medicated cookies.

:Namaste:

thanks for putting this in your signature! im a huge fan of ginger snaps and they look amazing! great advice about making two batches, need that unmedicated batch they look so addictive!

Back
Top Bottom