Potency of edibles made from kief

Trucker

I hope this is the right forum topic for this. I've been offered a cookie made from kief. The kief was made from sour diesel strain by my caretaker. The kief in the jar is the color of gold dust. Looks almost like brown sugar but more yellow.

Apparently he made 24 cookies using 14 grams of this stuff. I'm just not sure if i should eat a whole cookie or half or what.

I don't really have a high tolerance and only takes 3 hits off a mj cigarette to become loopy enough to not feel pain and go to sleep.

Im afraid to eat too much and jump off a building like that kid from Colorado. Thanks for your help.

I would just cut the cookie like a pizza and have one slice of it and see how you feel in a hour. Then you can guage better how more may affect you. 1/4 1/6 1/8. If you're buzzed but not loopy, have one more slice if you want, but then let it go if you can, and keep trying different doses each day. I don't know what it is like eating more and more, if it's like taking another hit if the last one didn't do it, so I say go slow and methodical to determine your dosage.

And one thing to keep in mind. All the people that have had probelms with eddibles, had another problem to begin with. If you 'eat too much' just hang on and relax because it won't kill you, and it won't kill your body. Be careful of course if you have some other conditions, don't be stupid, but if suddenly you feel like your whole body is vibrating and it's hard to stand.... Relax, sit down, and think about your hypothalmus or whatever it is and picture it like a overworked clerk in some movie that just tosses all the papers into the air and says "I'm outta here!"

Too late. I ate the whole thing. Will never do that again. Thing is, it never really hit until 3 or 4 hours later.

Just a warning to anyone else with the same concern.

I think what i ate ended up being about 300mg of thc.

I ate half at about midnight. 45 mins later im not feeling anything. So i ate the other half. I get home from my drive at 130am and im starting to feel a little bit high. I go to bed about 3am and im floating. Had a rough night. Racing thoughts, thinking of weird things, got the chills. Almost felt like i had the flu.

I get out of bed about 230pm and im still high. Lightheaded. Not like stoned but felt really drained. Not all the way here. In a fog all day. Took a nap about 930pm for a couple hours, go back to bed about 2am. Woke up 11am today and am sober but tired and no energy.

I think i slept through the worst part that night. Wasn't the best experience though. It did take away the pain but at what expense? I ate that cookie 44 hours ago and am still feeling the effects or after-effects. What an experience.

Oh and just to let you know, the cookie smelled okay going in...just not coming out the other end if u know what i mean.

I was given 2 of these. I don't know what im gonna do with the other one but i sure as hell aint gonna eat it. That's for damn sure.

Thanks Trucker. I know everyone's experience will be different but it's very helpful to hear the details. I'm going to be working up eddible meds so this gives me something to refer to.

This is rhetorical because I don't want to pry. If you were just trying them to try them is one thing. If you were trying them to find something useable, then I'd start with 1/8 of that cookie in one day and see what it's like. 1/4 the next day if the previous day wasn't enough, but definately give your body time to recover between your tests. Keif is basically hash which is basically stronger than bud, which is basically more than what many would use to make edibles on the whole scale of things. So those were/are stronger than 'normal'.

I know your first experience was bad, but that isn't really the med's fault. Your caregiver and you share the responsibility for your first ride. ^^ He should have explicitly told you not to eat the whole thing. And you should have listened. If he didn't, and you ate the whole thing, well, just think of it as walking through a cow field as the sun sets. Sometimes you just step in it.

Wrap it up and put it in the freezer? Give it back? I'd not toss it though.

The thing is I didn't expect it to take so long to kick in. I have a pretty high metabolism. And I didn't expect it to last so damn long either. Lasted around 24 hours.

Glad i had nothing to do sunday.

All of that sounds like NO FUN for sure! And WOW, it must be nice to get some pain relief from 3 hits! Thanks for sharing the info with all! Ive always heard the same info as others have already posted about how much of the cookie to eat at a time. The only thing I've read different was the times in between the servings of the item. Ive always heard use a 2 hours window. But to each his own on that. As what works for one person might not work on another. Well, thanks for the info, take care!!

Back
Top Bottom