Do edibles enhance the effects of smoking?

Lakehurongirl

Just made my first batch of brownies. Found that eating one seemed to make me sleepy, but not stoned. A few hours later in the day i smoked a joint and noticed that it seemed to have a stronger affect on me than usual. Could that be because of the edible? I am pleased about the 'sleeping pill brownies', though, as I have trouble sleeping. Comments on other people's experiences would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have the same reaction as you , when I eat cannabis I feel next to nothing but a little sleepy if I eat enough.

Smoking and eating is a good combo , one picks up where the other leaves off to a degree anyways.

Not sure if its some People digestives systems or what but some people get pie eyed others a slight buzz.

I have the same reaction as you , when I eat cannabis I feel next to nothing but a little sleepy if I eat enough.

Smoking and eating is a good combo , one picks up where the other leaves off to a degree anyways.

Not sure if its some People digestives systems or what but some people get pie eyed others a slight buzz.

LEDBud, thanks for your feedback ~ appreciate it.

FF past all the clarifying.

I think they do, it does, whatever.
I can't stop laughing about haivng the worst dry eyes I've ever experienced. I made some single dose cookies and they came out pretty near what I wanted. The bowl i smoked between the first and second cookie, prob 45min after the first cookie, felt better. The bowl I smoked like 2.5 hours after eating the first cookie was definately enhanced. And since I was gliding around smiling at eeverything, I figured I'd have a third one just to see. 10min after that it was a definate bodyhigh hit to the forehead. 10minutes later someone kicked sand in my eyes. I'm not sure if I've done a bong hit since then, but just to be sure, I'm gonna do one.

thanks Faic, appreciate the feedback. i read that the thc in edibles is metabolized in the liver.... so maybe you can blame your liver for the sandy eyes. :)

My liver is not healthy this might explain why I do not get a decent effect from edibles.

if so then eating edibles could be a lever health test.. get ripped out of your mind and your liver is working great.
Get a sleepy little buzz and you need to lay off the booze , pronto

I have not drank in years do to my liver.

As a recovering alcoholic who celebrated 30 years last month, I found this a very interesting thread. I came to the site in search of rcipes for dry extracted kief cookies and saw this. I have been baking my own for years with lousy personal reaction. Since my reaction to 4 cookies (my target is one cookie eat to high time ratio should be 8 hours with onset within an hour) is/was/always has been virtually nothing. I ate a brownie that I got from a friend who described it as a major 12 hour hit. Well, bit of a buzz and some sinking into the couch, but nothing like advertised. And I have gven this guy some of my bakes with the advice to take two because I took 4 and got nowhere. He reported a major stone that had him "walking on a beach ball".
However, smoking and eating is, for me, a good combination. I smoke every day, 4 to 6 times a day (Hey, I'm retired, this is what I was working towards, "I would so rather be spending my time smoking dope, watching The Criterion Collection with my feet on the coffee table than doing (insert any job here").
So is there something to this? I made some kief cookies from one gram of fine weed and I'm getting no where. I guess I have to give them to some less regular smokers or just others, although they do enhance the high, I think, but I'll bet that everyone on this thread is a "heavy" smoker so maybe we're needing to up the dosage of thc in us in this different way, kinda gastrointestinal virgin territory for thc (just rambling here).

Oh, the point of the "personal outing" was to say that I have a liver you could eat off of, it's so clean. And "dry ICE extraction"

I still after years n years of use get a strong effect by smoking or vaporizing it but eating not at all. So Im thinking its not a tolerance issue but digestive etc one.

I am known to have a strong stomach and can pass by food poisoing while other succomb , could be its the enzemes in the gut that are destrying the THC.

The liver being the organ that converts and pases thc into the blood strem is suspect , that and the gut enzemes.

Its a mystery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To anyone reading this try vaporizing if you havent already , it rules

dlchobbes, thanks so much for your post. congrats on 30 years! lol appreciate your comments regarding being retired, as i have been in that mode for the last few months. my challenge is getting over feeling guilty if i'm not being productive all the time. but i'm getting there. :) just bought a few seeds so new hobby will be trying to grow some indoor pot this winter. cheers!

hey that just made me think - i take ant-acid medication - maybe that is doing something in the tummy also. thanks for your input. appreciated!

Congrats on retiring. Don't let that work ethic thing continue to drive your life. Teach yourself to be able to do what you want, when you want. And good luck on your new hobby, this is the place for questions and there will be plenty of them.

"Reality is a crutch for those who cant handle drugs" - Terrence McKenna

lol but seriously, I feel your pain....I get tired at best with edibles. I think we need to get some eggheads on this...

I still after years n years of use get a strong effect by smoking or vaporizing it but eating not at all. So Im thinking its not a tolerance issue but digestive etc one.

I am known to have a strong stomach and can pass by food poisoing while other succomb , could be its the enzemes in the gut that are destrying the THC.

The liver being the organ that converts and pases thc into the blood strem is suspect , that and the gut enzemes.

Its a mystery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To anyone reading this try vaporizing if you havent already , it rules
Which vaporizing device works best?

Back
Top Bottom